chapter eleven

■•■•■

❝ I'm like a statue, stuck
staring right at you. ❞
Statue by Lil Eddie

■•■•■

A windy afternoon was felt all over Scotland as the young blonde boy took a seat next to the fireplace on the Slytherin common room. His grey eyes caught something peculuar which made him take the bag next to him. The Malfoy heir took out the peculiar thing which happens to be a book and started to scan what he just saw on Gregory's bag.

'I never knew that he learned how to bloody read.' He thought quietly while flipping the pages.

Suddenly, the blonde boy heard two familiar voices of laughter, making him flinch and snap out of reality.

"Yes. I'll be seeing you around, Potty," the brunette chuckled.

"You can be crazy, I swear," Draco heard that voice outside making him lose his temper.

And just as then, one of his friends, Blaise Zabini had just stepped in and sat next to Draco. With a wide smirk plastered on his face, he teased. "I sense jealousy, Malfoy,"

"Shut up, Zabini," he hissed.

"Hello, you two." she smiled at them.

"Oh hi Alice." Blaise greeted.

Draco just nodded, not saying anything further. He didn't want to say anything against Alice, for he didn't want to start a fight with her.

"I thought you were in Honeydukes with the others?" Alice questions.

'Screw temper issues.' he told himself.

"Why are you with Potter?" The blonde blurted out of nowhere, making Blaise surprised of his words.

"Uh, we talked about, well we just you know ㅡ "

"He asked you out on a date, didn't he?"

"What? No!" She denied as her cheeks flushed in a deep color. "We were just talking about the Yule Ball ㅡ "

Draco stood up and smiled cockily. "You're really out of your mind aren't you, you idiotic brat?"

"Whoa calm down, mate," Blaise told and pushed Draco for a bit from Alice.

"Now, now Malfoy," she chuckled. "Since when did you became my father to tell me who to go and not go with?"

Blaise stared at the two. "Awkward," he mumbled.

"Anyway, I'll go to my dormitory now. I'm too tired." Alice finally walked inside her dormitory.

"Okay, Alice." Blaise waved at her.

Blaise then turned to the Malfoy heir and gave him a cocky grin. "Don't get jealous, my friend. It was a friendly talk. They're not dating,"

"Me jealous? Ha! You wish, Zabini." Draco answers while laughing.

"I can see it in your eyes." He teased.