chapter twenty-one

■•■•■

❝ change the Fates' design,
save the what has been lost. ❞
healing incantation - mandy moore

■•■•■

It was night time at Hogwarts. The usual time for students to go back their dormitories but not to Alice. She strutted into the dark hallways, not even scared if she was to be found by a Prefect. But she wasn't there to meet up with Leo, but to find her brother to wish him good luck for tomorrow's final task.

Her eyes sparkle in excitedness when she saw a tall man wearing a black and yellow robes with brown curls in his hair.

She smiled. "There is my champion!" Alice mumbled as she rushed to give him a backhug.

Cedric chuckled and hugged her tightly. "Thank you. Well, I can hear your voice even I was under the lake,"

"Really? I was that loud?"

"Alice, you always are loud."

She laughed. "That is true."

He let her go and sighed. "You know, I'm really nervous for the last task."

"Me too." She said sadly. "Do you have any idea about your next task?"

"Not really, Ally." They kept quiet as she stared at him. "Ally, do me a favor."

"What is it, Ced?"

"If something bad happened to me, always remember that I love you." He said.

The brunette let out a nervous laugh. "Ced what are you saying? Nothing bad will happen to you."

"Ally, I'm feeling it. Like something bad might happen. I had a dream last night. On that dream, I died."

Tears strolled down from her eyes. "Ced, dont say that! You're not going to die."

"Just do me that favor, if that happened."

"Ced, listen to me. Nothing will happen to you in that last task but, you will win. You will win that last task! Eternal glory be with you! You will be the first ever Diggory to win this tournament."

"Ally, please. And tell that to father and Cho. Please, my dear sister, I'm just really nervous. I mean if that really is my fateㅡ"

"No!" Her tears burst out. "That will never be your fate! But maybe one day but not now, Ced! I will never let that happen! Ced, I don't want to lose you too. When mom died, I almost want to die. If you die, I think I will lose my sanity."

"Ally, look at me." He stared at Alice's eyes. "Whatever happens, I want you to stay like the same girl as I knew. I don't want you to change into someone else. I want you to stay as fun and crazy as you are. Promise me. Promise me, you'll never change because someone else asked you to."

She smiled and hugged him as she continued crying. "I will. But Ced, please. Don't die."

"I'll try my best, Ally."

■•■•■

"Come on, Cedric."

It's been half an hour since the final task had began and two of the Champions had already been out. But none of them were Cedric. As time goes by and by, her heartbeat beats as twice at it should be. She was really nervous about Cedric. She wanted to wipe off the fact that about the nightmare Cedric had, but what if he was right?