chapter seventeen

■•■•■

❝ Tale as old as time,
true as it can be. ❞

■•■•■

The very promising event of the year has finally come by. And for all who have been waiting, well it was over. Everyone felt a great wave of excitement except for one particular boy. Draco Malfoy. He wasn't as excited or as jumpy about the Yule Ball as everyone was. Ever since the late night scene had took place inside Hogwarts, Alice remained silent whenever Draco was near her.

Of course it was obvious.

She would speak to everyone, even to Blaise. But to him, she wouldn't even give him a glance.

As he grows more impatient, Draco marched his way to the brunette Diggory and vented out all his hidden frustration.

"Are you really going to ignore me forever?" Alice just let the blonde talk and talk while they were having their lunch at the Great Hall while she kept eating as he was staring at the brunette.

'Conceal, don't feel.' She told herself trying to avoid words to spill out from her mouth.

"Come now, Malfoy. What if she is not on the mood?" The tanned boy asked him.

"Yea. Maybe because it's still morning?" Daphne asked.

"More like it's afternoon." Gregory added which definitely angered Draco more.

The brunette heard Malfoy sighed. "Alice, talk to me. Is it about the last week's incident?"

"Maybe." Pansy blurted out making Alice look at her and shrug.

"So what if they see us talk to each other? Come on just talk to me. We're friends aren't we?" Draco said and Alice kept eating.

"Oh give up, Malfoy. What if she needs more time to process it all on her?"

"Crabbe has a point you know."

"I won't." The determined blonde said. "Not until she talks to me."

"Oh boy. This will be a long day." Pansy mumbled.

■•■•■

Students which were sorted in the House of the Great Salazar Slytherin were all compiled into one room. It was a spare room that no one uses but now it was used as a practicing room for the students for the upcoming event on Christmas Eve; the Yule Ball.

Alice sighed and opened her book. She started to read but even though she was reading, she feels Draco's eyes looking through her soul, trying his very best to read her actions.

'I hope Pansy doesn't kill me for this.' She prayed on her head.

"Diggory, come on. Just one word and I'll stop annoying you."

The brunette acted like she didn't heard him and kept reading as he let out a frustrated sigh.

"Look, Diggory. I swear I had no idea that my father killed your mother." He sighed. "Please, talk to me. I swear I won't ever hurt youㅡ"