chapter forty

was there something i could've said to make your heart beat better?

to make your heart beat better?

(before you go by lewis capaldi)

author's note: i love you guys xx

The new got out quickly, it has been a whole week after the war had took place on Hogwarts

The new got out quickly, it has been a whole week after the war had took place on Hogwarts. To most, it was a very great news that at last - Voldemort has been eradicated completely from existence. However, Draco had mixed feelings with everything at the moment. His mind was running wild about what will happen next.

To his image, to his family, to his reputation, to his future, and most importantly- to him and Alice.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid fool!"

Those words came out from Draco's mouth as he stared on his reflection deeper and the hate he feels for himself brewed even longer. He gripped onto the marble sink of the lavatory as he began crying again. The war has been won, unfortunately for some - it was Harry Potter who had won. Draco found it as good news but not what his friends' fate. Up to that day, he had not received any news regarding Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, especially Alice Diggory.

Especially her. The one who he had been protecting after all the years.

"Stupid bloody coward!"

The volume of his words became even painful as he look at himself with pure abhorrence.

"You should've stay." he mutters to himself. "You should've stood up to them!"

At that point, he sobbed in grievance. He fell down on his knees, putting down both of his palms on the floor and cried. The pain he was experiencing inside of him was unbearable.

He did not know what to do at that point anymore.

"Keep her safe..." Draco whispers. "...please Alice, be safe."