chapter thirty-five

trigger warning // suicide. this story is marked as a mature content for this reason.

if this triggers you, leave this part.

in your eyes, i see there's
something burning inside you.

(in your eyes by the weeknd)

■•■•■

"Are you two ready?"

Unsure of the plan that the two males she were with, she nodded in agreement anyways. Rodolphus Lestrange did explain everything to the both of them but she knew he was still not telling them the whole story about this. She knew he was an ally, yet he never did explained why he was doing this to them. Alice couldn't really decipher why would a Death Eater, who had a whole family of lunatics would help them escape from this pre-mature war?

"Alright, Draco. You know what to do."

The blonde male nodded, as he stepped outside of the wardrobe. But before he could stepped inside, he took a good look at Alice, before curling up into a smile.

"I-I'll see you in Hogwarts." he replied.

Alice found herself nodding at her lover. "Take care." was everything she could say by that time.

As he stepped inside, Rodolphus together with the houseelf closed the doors and a bright light blinded them temporarily. After the short amount of light and time, the doors open to reveal nothing but an empty wardrobe.

Alice gulped in fear. She knew Draco had already taken place to their manor, but she was still afraid of going in the same wardrobe.

Rodolphus was quick to notice it as he smiled comfortingly.

"I have no intentions on keeping you locked down on the dungeons, if that's what you're thinking."

She was surprised at his sudden blabber.

"N-no. That's not what I was thinking."

Taken aback from her words, Rodolphus chuckled.

"Oh? What is it then?" he asked.

"You did told me you were doing this, but it wasn't clear to me. What really is your reason, Mr. Lestrange?" she answered back with a question.

The male snickered. "You know it's rude to answer an adult with a question. But," he heaved out a sigh. "...I did promised Mara, that she can always count on me."

Alice stared at the tall male.

"Mara and I were good friends ever since we were young. Unlike her brother Harold, I never trusted that man, I've always viewed him as a smart mouth and that I should never trust such man like him..."

"...true be told, I was to marry your mother." he chuckled. "But neither one of us wanted that, of course. I could never do that to her. Don't get me wrong, I did love her; but just as if she was my sibling..."

"...look, Alice." he looked at her eyes. "This is not me telling you to trust me wholeheartedly, it's better if you don't trust none of my family and yours. But all I want you to do is hide, please. This could be another war and I can sense it by now. This is how it happened before and I lost a companion."