chapter sixteen

■•■•■

❝ Why do you have to go and
make things so complicated?❞
Complicated by Avril Lavigne

■•■•■

"He is a Malfoy!"

"And who cares?"

Everyone was frozen of her words.

"Father, all of them, all of them made me felt like I was home. Father, they made me felt like mom was still alive! With Pansy and Daphne, us talking about our feelings, I feel like sharing my feelings with mom! With Goyle and Crabbe, I feel like mom was there whenever I need someone to look after me. And when Zabini and Malfoy are around, I feel safe. Just like mom was protecting me from those Death Eaters!"

"That is why I want you to stay away from him!"

"And why should I? Didn't you just heard me, they are my safest place!"

"Lucius Malfoy killed your mother!" Amos shouted which made her confused. "Your mom was killed by his very own father!"

"What a scene you are creating, Diggory."

Another presence of a parent was felt by the very entrance of the Slytherin chambers. Out from the darkness, there stood a man in black suit, a cane by his hand with platinum blonde hair similar to Draco's.

"Lucius Malfoy." Amos acknowledged his presence yet same darting glare that he gave Draco landed on Lucius.

Lucius did not even bother to look at Amos as he tilted his head on Amos' daughter and smiled.

"We meet again, Miss Diggory."

"Tell your son to stay away from my daughter's life!"

■•■•■

"Tell your son to stay away from my daughter's life!"

The tension was too real that it feels so hard for Draco to ignore. And it wasn't only for Draco, so as the other fourth years who were present by that present time. Even if their House's Head was in the very presence, Draco knew well that he could not do anything but spectate what was happening. Amos was getting way too personal which makes it hard for Professor Severus Snape to interfere.

Lucius chuckled. "Now that's not my problem, isn't it? Just tell your flirty daughter that to stay away from my son."

And that was it. All it took was one word from Lucius Malfoy for her to lose her cool.

"Who do you think you are?" Alice was to attack Lucius with a slap yet her wrist was held back by someone who pulled her back.

"Alice, please."

It was her older brother, Cedric Diggory who held her back. His hair was messier than usual as she noticed that he still got his wand on him.

He was training? She asked herself.

"No! He called me a flirt." She protested.

"Why? Isn't that right?" Lucius asked and she glared at him.

The younger Diggory chuckled. "But I never know that someone will use their very own mop as a wig." She hissed.