chapter twenty-eight

■•■•■

❝ we'll somehow find,
you and I collide.❞
collide by howie day

■•■•■

"Have you heard of the news about Katie Bell?"

"Yes! I heard she was possessed by some kind of dark magic."

"And I also heard that Draco Malfoy was behind it all!"

Alice wanted to speak out to defend his side. She wanted to tell them that that's not true. She wanted them to know he will never do such thing. But then keep reminding herself that he deserved this. This would be part of his consequences on becoming a Death Eater. Besides who was she to speak out for him? Alice knew nothing good would come out if she talked back against their judgements on the Malfoy heir.

Besides, she was just a friend.

The girls let out a gasp. "Draco Malfoy? Oh Merlin. Is he a Death Eater too?"

But then her temper got the best of her. She had enough of all this nonsense. Rising up from her seat, the  brunette bravely spoke out.

"Could you idiots mind your own bloody businesses?"

Her words caught the platinum blonde off guard. Draco stared at her in surprise as well as their friends. Yet her eyes didn't want to look at his, they were too painful to see.

"What was that all about?" Daphne questions Alice.

Despite of Daphne and Pansy's current feud about Draco and Astoria's dating rumors, the two tried their best to endure each other's presence for Alice's sake.

"Making weird gossips about Malfoy again. It sickens me, really." the brunette irritably ranted.

"We should get used to it. I mean his father is in Azkaban and now everyone thinks that Draco is a bad guy." Pansy replies.

"But it's so annoying. I hate it."

Daphne sighed. "Same thoughts, really."

■•■•■

Dinner came however the female Diggory didn't feel like eating for tonight. Which is why she went to the Astronomy's tower to watch the stars as they sparkle from the heavens above. Out of reach yet too beautiful to even look true. That picture made her remember of her late brother, Cedric Diggory.

How she wish he was here to comfort her about everything what was happening in her life.

Cedric was the only one who understood her. He too, was the one who made their father accept her as a Slytherin. No doubt that Cedric was their father's favorite.

Ever since that day, Amos's blood boiled for his second child. Alice wanted to understand and end all that but the more she tries, she fails continuously.

All this wouldn't happen if only Mara Diggory was alive.

Warm tears began to fall down from her eyes. Alice started to fight her tears as she quietly sobbed. Thankfully, not many students come around to where she was. No one actually bother going up in where she was since it was too high.

And it was a perfect spot to be alone.

Maybe if Mara and Cedric were still alive, then her life wouldn't be a mess.

In all honesty, she hoped she was the one who died, not them.

Meanwhile, as the brunette was sobbing, the blonde was behind her. It pained him seeing the one he loves was falling apart. Draco knew that adding up to her situation was the worst idea of all, but he engaged to it. Taking another step closer, he found himself sitting next to her.

"Watching the stars?"

The brunette quickly sat up properly. She felt extremely awkward feeling his presence, especially now that the two were alone.

"You know, I miss you."

Heart beating as twice as it was, Alice felt something odd on her stomach.

We're they, butterflies? She told herself.

"I miss us, you know. Just you and me being ourselves. Unafraid of what was to come tomorrow. What happened to us, Alice? Have we both grown being controlled by our own fears?"

She wanted to speak but her emotions were hindering her. What was Draco even thinking, she wanted to shove it on his face that he should be mindful of what he say. Especially that he was dating someone.

"Diggory, please talk to me. I want us to come back."

With a quivering voice, the brunette finally spoke. "Malfoy, we are not supposed to talk or to even be with each other."

"Diggory – "

"Look, I'm doing this for your own good. I don't want my father to see us together. It's better that we don't talk to each other. Plus if your girlfriend knew about us – "

"Alice, she knows that I love you and that I will never love her the same as you."

In complete shock, Alice's brown eyes widened. "W-what did you just say?"

"I told her everything. That I really don't love her. I explained every single detail of how much I really love you, Diggory. I guess I must be out of my mind, huh?"

"But they said – "

"These rumors are spreading since my mother scattered them. My father wanted me to marry Astoria, he keeps on rubbing it on my face that she was a suitable wife for me. But I don't want that, Diggory! I want you."

If looking at his eyes were a sin, then she was the biggest sinner of all.

It took her sometime to build a wall for him not to come in easily on her life. Alice wanted him out for good. But those eyes, those sincere eyes fixed on her makes her weak. She could tell he was telling the whole truth, however she couldn't accept him easily in her life.

She was a mess as he is.

"I have never loved anyone like this but you, Diggory. Remember that. Take care of yourself, until then. I might be busy for a couple of years."

"W-where are you going?" she stutters.

"Better that you didn't know where," he admits quietly.

"It shouldn't be me who should be careful. You should take care of yourself!"

He chuckles bitterly. "I'll do fine, Alice.

Alice frowned. "The last time someone promised me that, they died."

"You will never lose me."

"Promise?"

Draco smiled. "Promise."

■•■•■

a/n:

A cheesy and sappy chapter. xd I hope that didn't traumatized you. I swear, if you have seen my ew!writing that will traumatize all of you.

Thank you for reading!