chapter twenty-six

■•■•■

❝ if you're not the one then why
does my hand fit yours this way? ❞

■•■•■

"Want to talk about it with an ice cream conversation?"

Looking towards her muggle cousin, Alice sighed and leaned her back to the chair. Ever since the day the blonde boy appeared to her, she couldn't take him out of her mind.

"It's not too necessary, I mean, it'll be just a waste of time, Helena. He isn't even worth it." Alice replied.

Helena chuckled and took the seat next to the sixteen year old.

"How much does it take for you to open up your bottled up feelings, Alice?"

"I beg your pardon,"

The ginger haired smiled and held her hand. "Look, problems can't just be fixed by just by sitting around and crying all day to the air. I will listen, so go ahead."

"Are you sure? How about your upcoming examinations in August? I mean I don't want to be a burden. Besides those exams meant the world to you ㅡ "

"But family meant the world to me more than my bloody career."

"Helena ㅡ "

"Go on, I'll listen I promise."

Sighing at her older cousin, Alice slouched to the couch and took the ice cream from Helena.

"Summer was suppose to be a vacation. Meaning relaxation from school and such yet here goes that blonde arsehole."

"Uhm, what did the blonde arsehole do? Did he made out with someone? Or are you two a thing?"

Alice laughed in disbelief, with a judging look in her face making Helena confused.

"Was it something I said?"

Laughing furthermore, Alice started coughing from too much laughter. "I'll bet a hundred galleons that he'd chicken out before shoving on his lips to someone." she yelled out.

Helena unsure of what was happening, furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would he?"

"He's a coward." Alice pointed out.

"Oh then it must be the second thing I said?"

Alice frowned, as she slowly swallowed the melted cream.

"Well, we're supposed to be a thing?"

Helena raised an eyebrow, anticipating for Alice's answer.

"Meaning?"

"We could've been." she stated. "If only he didn't hide something from me."

"Was he dating someone in secret?"

"No."

"Then, he's gay?"

"Er, maybe at some points but no."

"Or is he psycho?"