chapter thirty-three (part one)

■•■•■

mundo'y ating iwanan,
maari lang sana.

(let's both leave this world,
if only we could do that)

tagpuan by kamikazee

■•■•■

Father,

I've decided to leave our home for good. Yes, this is stupid and beyond crazy of me to think that this could be the best idea for me to do. But I'm sorry, I can no longer tolerate this guilt I am feeling whenever you blame me about their deaths. I'm not asking for you to go after me, I'll be alright. Live a good life without me.

Good-bye.

Alice

As she held onto the quill, she felt her hand trembling in anxiousness. She was afraid to do this however this was the only way she could see as an escape from all this. Her home can no longer make her feel safe. Alice was on the verge of tears as she placed the quill back on the table. Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself.

"Sensitive brat." she muttered to herself. "I'm such a sensitive, good-for-nothing brat!"

Standing up from the desk, she sighed in frustration and ran her fingers on her brown locks. Tears rolling out from her eyes as she fix her things that she will take before leaving. Wheezing out her sadness, she felt heartbroken doing this. She felt suffocating – drowning even on her own ocean of sadness. This house was not her fortress, it just made her dwell inside her own nightmare. It was almost dawn and till now, her father, Amos haven't got home from work. It partly worried her but it also made her think twice.

This was the best time to run away.

Putting on her thick, warm robes to protect her from the harsh winter season, she also made sure that she had some pocket money and her wand was secured on the pocket of her robes just in case her security was compromised.

Unfortunately for her, it was a surprise for her to see a familiar blonde haired man on her doorstep as she opens the entrance door. Her eyes widened in surprise, as the figure fix their stature.

"Do you still remember your favorite uncle, Alice?"

Adrenaline came across her body, taking out her wand and pointing it onto him. It was him.

"How could I forget the one who murdered my mother?!"

Harold let out an amused laugh. "Ah, it is true then. Little Alice is as stubborn as her mother."

Snapping his fingers, she was off guard to see a group of black cloaked figures outnumbering her.

"I didn't came here to kill you though – or maybe, not yet."

With one casted sleeping spell by a figure, she lost her grip from the wand. Feeling her eyelids getting heavier and heavier, she tried her best to fight and open her eyes.

■•■•■

"Mum!"

The brunette, regardless of the danger in front of her, she continued mourning for her mother. No blood was seen, but it was evident that she was dead. Mara's warmth was gone and so as Alice's favorite song in the world – her heartbeat.