chapter thirteen

■•■•■

❝ It's like a song, that no one hears.
I'm screaming out, but you're not here. ❞
heartbeat by Christopher

a/n; not Lestrange lmao

■•■•■

Blaise Zabini had volunteered to take care of Alice on the Hospital Wing for the night. While Draco Malfoy and Cedric Diggory went to Professor Albus Dumbledore's office along with the Head of Slytherin House, Professor Severus Snape to explain of what they knew about the deranged boy, Christopher Lestrange.

The night was young yet mostly all the students were fast asleep, the tanned boy felt bad when they let her went up the common room by herself. He stared at her, feeling anger and guilt at the same time.

'I should've came with her.' He kept telling himself.

"Zabini?" He got surprised when he heard her call him by his last name. Blaise stood up and help her sit down on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Blaise asked her, eyes filled with worry.

"I'm fine. Just bit of sting on my body. That torture spell was really something painful like the caster who was a pain in the arse."

Blaise rolled his eyes and chuckled. "How can you crack a joke right after that incident?"

"What do you mean?"

"All of them got worried and you're just making fun of it?"

"What? Can't I not do that? Stop being grave about it, Zabini."

"I'm expecting you more of 'why did that happen to me'. You know what I mean."

"Zabini, we need to think positive."

He rolled his eyes at her. "No. You're just losing your mind."

Alice gasped playfully. "Merlin's cow! Of course not!"

He laughed at her response and so she did. But the laughter faded, and there was a short awkward pause.

"And you made me worried." He blurted out of blue.

"Aw . . . really?" She teased Blaise, poking his cheek with her index finger.

The tanned boy laughed. "You did, So please don't go alone again okay?"

She smiled. "I won't and as if I wanted to get hurt, right?"

Blaise chuckled as he hug her. "And don't be stupid again."

"What?! I'm not!" As she hugged him back. "This makes me feel a lot better. Thank you, Blaise."

"Anytime, my lady," he said playfully which made the brunette laugh.

Little did they know, they weren't the only one who was there.

■•■•■

"Listen boy!" Amos Diggory, father of Diggory siblings harshly spat to the blonde boy. "I never liked you and I never want to see you again near my daughter is that clear?!"