Scream - Chapter Seven

Nausea swept through me as I awoke, rolling onto my side and choking up a little vomit onto the smothered carpet beneath the bed I laid on. I recognised the black walls surrounding me and the green sheets twisted around my withering body but nothing else. All the bags and technology had been removed from the room I had been previously searching. The bedside table beside me remained locked and the desk was completely empty. I struggled with my mind to remember what had happened, a dull throb beginning to spread through my vains. I can recall the scientists my dad worked with telling me the side effects of chloroform: throbbing headache, nausea and overheating. So, I was drugged?

Shit!

Startled, I ran to the door as fast as my wobbly legs would take me, grasping the handle and rattling it as hard as I could. It didn't move. This was the only room with a damn lock and now I was trapped inside.

I sank to my knees, panic began to settle in as I raked my brain for what to do. I'd always been ahead of the game so this was a completely new situation for me. I hadn't ever thought about the possibility of getting caught before.

I slipped my hands around my hips, frantically searching for my phone in my jean pockets or something to help me when I realised I wasn't wearing them. I had on a thin green t-shirt, stretching to mid-thigh and my crimson underwear I'd chosen this morning. Someone had changed my clothes.

As stupid as it sounds, I blushed deeply at the thought of someone looking at my body while I slept. All my weapons and devices were gone so I was completely weak. I couldn't pick the lock without them, nor could I contact anyone. This freaked me out more than anything else since I never thought I could end up this vulnerable. There was no question who had drugged me.

I jerked, pounded my fist on the door frantically, praying that Jack had miraculously returned home to save me from his psychotic brother. I shrieked with the all the air I could pull into my lungs, knowing it was the most idiotic thing I could do in this situation. I was practically screaming for the psycho to come back and slit my throat. Or worse. I remembered the heart in the fridge and the bloody sheets. I can't have been the first one in here and given there is no sight of the other victims, they can't still be breathing. I'm like a animal in a cage, waiting to be slaughtered.

The walls seemed to be closing in on me, each one grinning as they trapped me inside with the monsters. I instinctively stopped thumping and curled into a ball, my legs tucked in to protect my chest. I laid in a fatal position for what felt like hours, whimpering as I regained control. My eyes watered but no tears came. This was worse since I felt my body needed the release of crying. I think the chloroform must have soaked up my tears, especially because I was really thirsty, the taste of vomit still swirling in my mouth.

I soon slumped on the floor, exhausted from my claustrophobia and foggy mind. All my muscles relaxed and I stared at a spot on the celling, my back resting against the wall cocooning me in. I was off in a daze, drifting into my own world where I was free and happily sitting on the swings with my father, when the sound of a key turning rang through the lock and the heavy door opened.

"I'm glad your finally awake," Anti grinned down at me.