Bad Girls World - Chapter Twelve

I hate him.

I'm sitting at the desk, the walls feeling tighter than ever, and drawing. All I have now is my art. I sit with the deep green pencil in my hand, furiously shading in the hair on my picture. I need all the features to be perfect. This drawing of my kidnapper is going into my portfolio, so I can hand the evidence to my client with the knife I used to slit his throat. She'll be so thrilled with my work and every detail in the kill. It will be my biggest accomplishment so far considering my previous encounters. Some can end up quite messy and bloody but other can be a clean kill. All of them happening out of sight so I don't have to involve anyone else in my deadly work. I like working alone so there's no reason to mess up and keep the business small.

I didn't used to be this way. I had a family, friends, a life. I was a child when it all changed. For 8 years, my father worked for a company called A.C.I.D. I knew his job very well since he would often bring me to work with him and sit in the labs. He didn't like that I was there, I knew that much, but I always thought it was because he didn't want me to brake anything or embarrass him. It was a huge laboratory with lots of breakable glass and poisonous microorganisms. I knew they were testing on something but I didn't learn until a couple year later that it was people.

I scratch my pencil harder into the paper, remembering my old life and how naive I was. I was blind to all that went on in that place. I could have helped them in some way and prevented the uprising. I press harder until the pencil snaps.

Some humans were born in two, called a "counter-part", meaning they had split personalities. It wasn't bipolar disorder because it literally was two souls stuck in one body. The two had separate thoughts, personalities and emotions. The original inhabitant of the body was the human and the other was something else that grew alongside them, mostly submissive in the human shell. The originals would control the body, most not even knowing they had a counter-part, and the other half locked inside unless under severe emotional distress. Only then could they take over. The problem was that all the other halves had behavioural issues and strange physical condition. We called them demons.

I unclench my hand from around the broken green lead, flexing the stiff muscles in my fingers. They twitch in response, tired from how long I'd been sat there. It could have been hours but it felt like days. The drink Anti left me when I was dragged back into the room was still there, unopened and untouched. I wasn't going to even look at it. My fluids were the only thing left I could control and if worse came to worse, I could die from dehydration. It's my only way to get out of this blank room.

A scientist discovered the effect of these counter-parts and decided to form a research lab around them. A.C.I.D claimed they were doctors and offered help to all those with this "condition". The volunteers that came to the lab a stayed in a hospital bed for a few weeks to receive treatment. At first, the tests didn't work, both the Original and the Demon receiving heart failures when attempting to separate. After a few more tests, the company had perfected the transition, allowing the Demon to leave the Originals body and form their own. The human was sent home, alone in their own skin while the Demon remained with us. They were given rooms locked from the outside and told they had to stay. Daily health checks and ability examinations were often carried out. Each Demon was monitored and showed that no two were the same. Every one of them had their own abilities and strengths at an inhuman level. A.C.I.D wanted to harness this power the Demons possessed and sell the creatures to warlords across the world.

My mouth is so dry but I can't have a drink. I don't want to give that bastard the satisfaction of knowing that I need his kindness. Only it's not kindness: its torment. The back page of the book has still disturbed me. I want to know who wrote it and why. Was it another one of his victims? Did he do the same to them by leaving them in a room with only a notebook to go insane? Or did he just kill them on the spot while they were writing it? Mabey Anti wrote it himself, possible half-crazy and losing his grip on reality.

The Demons had to have known what was going on because they broke out. 2 years ago, one of them apparently possed the power to control an element, setting a fire in their sell that broke the foundation of the building. It soon spread, freeing all the demons and killing all the employees inside. It was an uprising and all the monsters escaped. Without A.C.I.D. to control them, they soon wreaked havoc and pissed off a lot of people. I discovered that my dad had been working to take down the company before he was burned, trying to collect evidence on their wrong doings before containing the situation. Now that the demons were out, it was my pledge to him that I would destroy all that A.C.I.D had made. Meaning every single demon had to be killed.

Anti hasn't returned and I don't want him to. He's trapped me here and its driving me crazy that he hasn't done anything. Most would be relieved that he hadn't chained me up and torn my skin apart or gut out my innards but I consider this worse. I don't know what's going on in his head, what he has planned for me or when he's going to do it. He could choose to walk in any moment and I can't stop him. That's what terrifies me most. I bet he knows this and uses this unease to torture me. He's waiting for me to go crazy before he strikes. I'm a caged animal and I'm right on the edge.

Because when I get out of here, I'm gonna kill him.