Chapter 5.

I opened my laptop as a yawn escaped my lips. It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I decided to go onto Twitter to have some late night tweeting and follow spree. But that idea quickly went away when I saw the hashtag #watchthisdylan was trending.

I clicked on the hashtag to find pictures of me and pictures of the boy I haven't talked to for years. Our usernames were blasted through the feed and I felt my brows furrowing. I saw a link to a YouTube video to find it one of his.

"Hey guys, what's up, it's Trevor." Wow, he grew. He looks much older, like a real eighteen year old boy. He has a bit of stubble and has muscle on his arms. "This video, I've been wanting to do for three years but never got around to doing it. You remember Dylan, right? Obviously you do because she's on Jc and Andrea's feed all the time. Not to mention, she has some popularity on the internet now."

He takes a deep breath in the video, I can see he's having trouble. Wow, I haven't seen one of his videos in a long time. This is honestly really weird for me and I can't believe I'm actually watching one of his videos again.

"This is the story of me and Dylan and how I messed everything up because I know you guys are so confused and still confused after the whole thing three years ago. My feed is always blasted with her name and questions about her and here, I hope to explain what happened."

"Connor!" I yell and I pause the video. "Jc!"

"What? What happened!" Jc barges in, only in plaid pajama pants and no shirt while Connor is almost the same.

"Watch this with me or I won't be able to watch it fully." I feel the tears threatening to come and before Jc can ask, Connor pushes him and they sit next to me on my bed. Their eyes widen at the sight of Trevor's face on my screen. I click play and the video starts where it left off.

"As most of you know, it all started three years ago. I met Dylan at a photo shoot for Digi because she was filling in for Andrea being sick so she couldn't host. So Dylan was asked to host on behalf of Andrea. We had our first conversation the day after, after the show and everyone was busy, I found her in the hallway looking out the window thinking, about? I don't know and it still haunts me a bit."

Connor puts a hand on my knee while Jc wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"We went to an after party that night and I sort of fell asleep with my head on her lap. I even made a joke, telling her the punch was beer." He chuckled at the memory. "I was woken up by Jc who told me she ran out in tears and Connor went after her after he saw what was on her phone - hate. Hate from you guys and that's when it started. I got this feeling and I felt bad so I told everyone to tweet out and tell people to stop hating on her.

"That night, I texted her to meet me the day after at noon so we can talk. But the group had different ideas. They gave me the idea to talk to her at her room and Jc asked if they could grab a rose from the kitchen, or wherever he got from and so we went up to her room. Jc talked to her for what felt like forever then they all pushed me into her room and locked us in the room together. Next thing I know, I asked her out on a date, she said yes, and I lifted her in the air during a hug."

I remember this whole thing like it was yesterday. My aunt joined us to watch the video and she was rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

"The next day, we went to a beach and our date was that night. I reserved a dinner for two at a small hut and we had dinner. We had a lot of fun and that day I was genuinely happy to be with a girl, a beautiful girl." He took another deep breath. "Things happened, we hung out more and eventually I found out she was under a pact with Kian and Connor. I was mad but they were under good intentions. They did it so I can be happy. They did it so I wouldn't make a horrible mistake."

I knew the exact mistake he was talking about. I've attempted suicide and he knows it. And I know for a fact he thought about it.

"One day, her and Connor were doing a truth or dare video and I was stuck in the same room with them. They did a bunch of truth or dare videos and after they were done, me and Dylan went out to Starbucks to meet up with Jc. They filmed a video that day too. I watched her do the video with him and that was the time I honestly felt my heart flutter. I was starting to get feelings for her.

"A heat wave hit California that week and we were supposed to go to the beach or the indoor pool of the hotel but we went to Starbucks and Ricky sort of had a break down and we couldn't go to the beach or pool the next day. So we just went out for Starbucks and blah, blah, blah."

He shook his head before continuing.

"She eventually went to the o2l house to spend the rest of her vacation there with us since we left the hotel and it would have been harder if she stayed at her hotel room. We went to the carnival two days after she moved in. It was fun until three fans tackled me, pushed Dylan on the floor and then after I was done with autographs and pictures for two of them, one went up to Dylan and started threatening her. Andrea butt in and tried to make her go away until she said something along the lines of 'Some girlfriend you are' and then Kian had to butt in and made her go away."

That day, I dread the most. That specific moment I wished never have happened. Kian and Andrea were so close to breaking up that day and I was scared they were. But they didn't.

"Andrea had a break down, started crying, calling herself the worst girlfriend in the world and sinking into what the fan said. Kian just comforted her and held her until she stopped crying. But I pulled Dylan away so she wouldn't have to see Kiandrea at one of their worst moments."

That's when I realized, he left out a part. The part where he asked me to be his girlfriend. The part where my, not so much anymore, uncle went to the house.

"One thing I left out, Dylan's uncle came to the house the day before, and that was also the day I asked her to be my girlfriend. Now, back to the carnival. Dylan told me she wanted to tell the fans. We took some pictures which I'll put up on the screen."

The first picture, the one of us smiling, second, him kissing me on the cheek, the third was me kissing him on the cheek. And the last one, us kissing. That picture burned into my brain and now will never go away. I know it.

"The next day, her uncle came over when she was asleep and the boys were out for the gym. I was the only one awake in the house and so her uncle came and we had a chat." He took another deep breath. "Something I never mentioned was that I, too, was under a pact. Her uncle asked me to get Dylan to fall for me then break her heart. I went for it because I was dumb and did it for money. I tried calling it off before Dylan even heard about it and that was the worst day of my life.

"She heard me. She was at the door, listening to our conversation and when I opened the door, she had tears streaming down her face. Her and her uncle had an argument and I stood there, feeling like the worst person in the world. I did this to her. I ruined her trust, I was to blame for anything horrible she was going to do. Thankfully, Jc came home with the boys and got him to leave. But the look she gave me that day; the look of disgust. I will forever hold that look in my head. It's burned deep into my skull.

"She left the next day. She went back to Minnesota the next day with Jc taking her to the airport. I explained everything to the boys and they never looked at me the same. The thing was: Their pact with Dylan was to help me. While my pact with her uncle was to destroy her. And I'm 100% sorry and guilty for it.

"So please, get this to Dylan so she can watch this because I know she doesn't watch my videos anymore, she doesn't even follow me on Twitter anymore. Please get her to watch this for her to know how sorry I am and how much I regret everything I did to her."

And on the screen was the hashtag #watchthisdylan

[Follow me on Twitter (@awkofreakintaco) for updates on this story and more]