Chapter 26.

Hey guys! Slow update I know, I'm sorry. Don't hate me school has just been a little too hectic for my liking. Now, if you didn't read the last update (Chapter 25) because of the whole mix up about not seeing the update, go back and read it now! It's all fixed and I took down the Q&A, okay? Thank you, love you! Bye :)

"Mom." I say under my breath as I see my aunt waiting for us at the gate. I tug at Trevor's arm as he's still a bit sleepy and isn't really knowing what's going on other than the fact that we're at the baggage claim. We've gotten my bag and we're waiting for his, which I see just up ahead.

"Look, your bag." I point to his bag and he kisses my temple before walking a bit forward and taking the bag from the conveyer belt. We walk out of the baggage claim section to reach the gate where my aunt is.

"Oh, Dylan!" My aunt wraps her arms around me and I hug her back tightly. "I missed you so much." She whispered in my ear and I smile at my aunts voice. I've missed her perfume and the warmth of her hugs. We pull away and when she sees Trevor, her eyes widen and freezes in her spot.

"Mom, this is Trevor." I introduced the eighteen year-old Trevor to my aunt and all she could do was nod. "Mom." I whispered in her ear and pulled her sleeve a bit to make her move.

"Right, sorry. Hi Trevor, I didn't know you were coming. I, uh, didn't know you two were talking at all." She looks at me before hugging Trevor and I bite my lip to figure out what to say.

"Yeah, we wanted to tell you," When she and Trevor pull away, he snakes an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. "me and Trevor made up."

Her brows furrow before a smile breaks onto her face. She beams at us as she takes in our close proximity and I feel myself go into relief that she isn't mad or disapproves.

"I knew you two would find a way." I furrow my brows in confusion. "Jc and Connor have been telling me about how Trevor was always talking about you, Dylan. And I told them about you and your coping method."

"Oh? And what is my coping method mother?"

"You pretend to not care but in reality, you bring him up in every conversation me and you have together." Heat rises to my cheeks and I can't believe she said that. Did I really mention him in every sentence? I don't remember ever doing that. But then again, I'm crazy.

"Okay, can we go home now? I need to show Trevor his room at home and I need to get some Marie's!" I jump up and start to follow my aunt to her car and we drive into town. After we turn into town, everything comes back. The memories of my whole life here in Minnesota.

The bad ones and the few good ones I've created over the years. I rest my head on the window just watching the street. The afternoon streets of Minnesota are usually calm after rush hour. But this time of year is different. This time of year is hectic even if Christmas and New Years passed over the passed two weeks.

"We never celebrated Christmas and New Years." I state to the boy sitting next to me holding my hand. "How do you intend on celebrating?"

"Spending the last few months of your school days with you." I turn my head to face him and a smile is placed on my lips. How could I have gotten so lucky?

"Okay guys, we're here." I look at my home and nothing has changed. Other than the remaining Christmas and New Year decorations that my aunt usually is too lazy to take down and keeps them there 'til March.

I open the car door to see someone leaning on the door frame.

"Cameron!" I run up to my cousin that just so happens to be my brother figure all these years. I wrap my arms around his neck and his arms find a way around my waist and I close my eyes embracing the tight hug. "I missed you, holy crap. How's planning the wedding?"

He pulls away chuckling and I smile wildly at my older cousin. "It's going great. Me and Grace are almost done choosing the caterer and then the wedding is in two months."

"I can't wait! I cant believe my brother is getting married!" He smiles at me then his eyes divert behind me. I turn my head to see Trevor watching our embrace with a smile. "Cameron, this is Trevor. Trevor, Cameron." I introduce them and Trevor walks up to us.

"Nice to finally meet the boy my little sister fell madly in love with." My cousin shakes Trevor's hand and I feel my cheeks burn at his comment. But I will be avenged of this little stunt he pulled. He's just trying to make me look stupid.

"And nice to meet the cousin slash brother that I hear so much about." I smile at this one. Although Cameron is my cousin, he's my older brother as well. He's the one who took care of me when my aunt couldn't. Even during the whole 'ignore your whole family' thing I did.

"Alright boys, would you be kind enough to let me and Dylan talk for a bit?" They both nod before walking into the house leaving me and my aunt in the cold air that I for some reason just noticed under my thin sweatshirt. "Dylan, I need to give you something."

"What is it?" She leads me to walk with her and we walk on the side walk.

"Your parents, before you were born, knew that your mother wouldn't make it through the birth." I look at her with my brows furrowed before looking back at the sidewalk. I want to listen to every word she has to say. "They left you a note. They specifically told me to give this to you when you find your first love."

She stops walking and we turn to face each other. She has a small blue envelope in her hands and passes it to me after taking a deep breath.

"Read it with Trevor by your side, okay? This is a letter for you and your loved one. Please read all of it, even though I have no idea what is in it myself." I look at the envelope in my hands then nod as I feel myself sniffle.

"Thank you." I tell her and she hugs me one last time before I run back to the house.