Chapter 20.

[Guys I'm sooo sorry that I've been updating really weird. I've been going through some troubles lately causing me to write less. I'm so sorry!]

Trevor's P.O.V

She won't look at me straight in the eye. I mean, we're talking, but she won't look up at me, that's what hurts me. Not to mention she's resting her head on Connors shoulder the whole time.

The pizza place we're at - Pepperoncini's - is fairly empty. We, along with two other couples on separate dates and a family of five are here. We've ordered about three pizzas, I'm on my third slice while Dylan barely finishes her first one. We sit across from each other, just chewing our food, me quickly, her slowly.

She looks tired, exhausted. I don't blame her. She was at the hospital for two days on that horrifyingly uncomfortable bed, barely a wink of sleep, and she's forced to come to Digi the next day. I can't believe the week she's had. Emotionally and physically exhausted.

"Pass me the ketchup?" I hear Jc ask before Jenn passed it to him. That was his fifth slice and I'm not sure if he'll puke when he gets home or not.

"Hey, Trevor?" I turn my head to the girl across from me. "Can I talk to you?" I stand up with her and we walk out into the parking lot. It's abnormally cold today considering South California is usually really warm.

"What's up?" I put my hands in my leather jacket as she pulls down the sleeves of her oversized sweater.

"I don't know what I'm feeling but, I think..." She looks out on the parking lot, making sure no one hears. "I think I like you again."

"What?" I feel like my brain can't process the words she's said. I've spent so long wanting to hear those words but now that I've heard them, they don't sound right.

"I like you, okay? God, don't make a big deal out of it. We're eighteen for goodness sakes." She rubs her elbow, looking around. A smile lands on my face and I can't hold it in. I kiss her.

Her arms wrap around my neck and my hands rest on her hips. Her slightly cold fingertips rub against the nape of my neck sending chills down my spine. I move my hands up and under her sweater to rest on the small her back. Her bare skin.

It feels so soft under my rough fingers from playing guitar too much. I trace circles just under her spine and I feel her skin go into goose bumps. Her breath hinges and I love how I'm under control. But that's the thing, I know she wants me to control.

Her hands go down from my neck, tracing down my shoulders then resting on my chest. She's kissing back. That's all I care about right now. She really does like me. I love her. And that's how I know I have a chance. Maybe not a big one, but big enough so I can slip inside the crack and get to her. She never lost her feelings for me, I know that now.

She pulls away before I can finally know for sure but I still know. "Can we keep this on the down low?"

"Of course." I respond. Looking down at her, as she's a good three inches shorter than me, with her big light brown eyes is just amazing. I pull her closer into a hug and I can't help but kiss her forehead. "Let's go."

"Where?"

"Well, I brought my car, let's go home. You don't seem to be so happy here." She nods at my point. "I'll go tell everyone. Here are the car keys, you know which car." I walk into the pizzeria while she heads to my car. "Hey guys, Dylan isn't feeling well."

"Oh," Connor wipes his mouth before standing up. "I'll take her home then."

"No, it's fine. I'll take her." Everyone's eyes go wide and confusion spreads across their faces. "We just made up. That's why she wanted to talk to me. We're friends again." Smiles go to their faces except for Sam. His frown deepens. I know he feels guilty.

"So, you're taking her?" I nod to Connor.

"Yeah, you guys aren't done eating and Dylan doesn't really seem to be extremely happy; she's distracted. I'll take her, don't worry."

So I walk off with everyone still confused but I chose to ignore it. I walk over to my car and see her sitting in the passenger seat. "Hey."

"Hi." She leans her head on the window with a huge sigh. "Can we just go home? I have a huge headache."

"Yeah, sure. Do you want the music on or not?" She shakes her head no. "Okay."

I drive her to the O2L house in silence. Five minutes in, I'm almost 100% sure she's asleep. By the way her arm is lazily rested on her thigh and how her hair moves over her face every time we hit a bump, I can tell.

Once I see the house, I try to wake her.

"Dylan." She groans. "Dylan." I say a bit firmer than before, she finally wakes up a bit then rests her head on the window again as she looks at me.

"Are we here?" I nod. "I know we just made up but can you carry me? I'm way too tired." I laugh a bit before stepping out of the driver's side and slowly opening her door. When I get it wide enough, I go in and lift her up as carefully as possible in bridal style and shutting the door with my foot.

I lock the car before going up the steps to the house and unlocking the door. I carry her up the stairs and into Connor's room where I lay her down on the bed and pull the covers over her. I place a light kiss on her forehead before turning away. But a hand wraps around my wrist.

"Stay." I look down at my wrist before turning around to see her. Her eyes were wide, looking at her fingers around my wrist.

"Okay." Her fingers loosen around my wrist so I crawl in next to her. She nuzzles her head into my chest as my arm is loosely wrapped around her waist.

I feel her breath deepen as she falls asleep and all I can think of is her.

She's so close yet so far. She's right here but for some reason, I refuse to believe it. This happened all too quickly that I think something is wrong. But my brain doesn't want to process anything. It's been like this ever since she left. I always see the negative when sometime all there is, is a positive.

My life is one big circle of Karma. I'm in a pact with Dylan's uncle, I ruin her and my heart. I finally make the video, she's here fast asleep in my arms.