Carl

"Get away." I tried to slam my door in his face. He stuck his foot in the way stopping me.

"Wait I have to tell you something. Just give me 5 minutes." He ran a hand across his cornrows.

"What Carl? What could be so important in your sad drug dealing life that you need to tell me about it?" I slammed the door opened.

"I'm out." He said breathing heavily. My mouth fell open. I didn't know what to say.

"You- what?" I needed to hear him say it again. I had to hear him say it again.

"I'm out. I quit. I left it Y/n." I felt tears well up in my eyes. Before I even had time to think, I jumped onto his body wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his hips. The tears dripped down my cheeks and onto his shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you." I looked down at him with the tears clouding my vision.

"I did it for you. I don't want that kind of life for either of us. I love you." A few tears slid down his cheeks too.

"I love you. So much." I laid my forehead against his.

"Can you do one thing for me baby girl?" I nodded my head smiling. "Will you help me take my braids out?" He asked shyly. I giggled and nodded. His grip under my thighs tightened as he walked into my house. He sat me on the couch before shutting the front door. He sat down on the floor in front of me. I grabbed a comb that I had left on the coffee table and began undoing his tight braids as gently as I could.

"Carl your hair is so curly from these braids." I giggled. He let out a breathy laugh. I undid a few more braids before he turned around looking at me.

"Kiss me." He spoke barely above a whisper. "I miss your lips."

"It's only been 2 days since we kissed last Carl." I laughed. He cut me off by leaning in and pressing his lips to mine.

"God I love you." He spoke against my lips.

"I love you more." I pecked his lips once more.