Carl

This is so long but it's kind of cute I think????

Today is my first day at my new school. Recently, my parents both took new jobs in a new state forcing us to move the the South Side of Chicago of all places. I had to go to a stupid new high school that didn't look very promising to me if I'm honest.

I decided to wear my hair down in loose waves with light makeup. My outfit consisted of ripped jeans rolled up to my ankles with a cute pink tie dyed tank top. I slipped on a pair of black sandals and sprayed on some perfume before grabbing my book bag and heading out the door.

I walked in the door of the school and starting looking for the office. I found the office and got my schedule and started out the door to find my first class. I accidentally ran into someone and looked up spitting out an apology.

"It's fine-" I looked up at him and we locked eyes. "Oh you're new... uhm I'm Carl." I gave a shy smile.

"Y/n." I spoke softly. I couldn't pull my gaze away from his eyes. They were so pretty.

"Carl.. I've been looking for you." I heard a girls voice from behind him.

"Uhm this is Dom." We finally ripped our eyes away from one another.

"I'm Carl's girlfriend." She said rolling her eyes.

"I'm Y/n." I smiled at her trying to be friendly.

"You're also gonna stay away from my boyfriend yeah?" She raised and eyebrow. I looked nervously at Carl.

"Dom I accidentally ran into her. Nothing is happening. She's new here. Leave her alone." I didn't know what to say. I silently thanked him with my eyes.

"Uhm I have to go find my first class. It was nice to meet both of you." I quickly walked away. I found my first class and spoke to the teacher introducing myself before sitting at the seat she showed me was mine. Within a few seconds of sitting down, I felt a presence beside of me. I looked over finding Carl.

"Sorry about my girlfriend. She gets jealous." He spoke so awkward and monotone. I let out a breathy laugh.

"It's fine."

"If you're free later, I can show you around. There's not much to see around here in the first place but.." he trailed off.

"Won't your girl get mad?" I laughed.

"She'll be fine." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay. Find me after school." I smiled and turned my attention back to the teacher.

At the end of the day, I found my way out the front door of the school and saw Carl sitting on the wall waiting for me.

"Hi." I spoke giving a small smile. "Where's Dom?" I raised an eyebrow realizing she wasn't around.

"She already left. Ready to go?" He asked standing up. I nodded my head following him.

This went on for about a week. We hung out after school everyday and he taught me stuff about the South Side, showed me who not to talk to and told me about his screwed up past. We had gotten very close. I hadn't seen Dom since my first day of school.

I came out of school on the way to the wall to meet Carl like usual and I saw Dom sitting there beside him. He gave me a look of sorrow. I decided to just keep walking not in the mood to explain myself to her today.

"Hey!" She called after me. Suddenly she was standing in front of me and Carl was slowly making his way to where we were standing. "Is there a reason you've been with my boyfriend every single day for the past week?" I didn't even know what to say to her.

"Dom stop it. She didn't do anything. Its always my idea for us to hang out. I've just been showing her around." I heard Carl's voice as he stepped up to us.

"I uhm, I'll leave. Sorry I won't bother him again." I said quietly before walking away.

"You thought, you think you can just come up in here and flirt with MY boy like it's nothing and then leave untouched?" Her whole attitude turned ghetto.

"Dom, stop.." Carl reached out and grabbed her arm.

"No!" She jerked it away.

"I'm breaking up with you." Me and Dominique both jerked our heads to look at Carl.

"You're what?" She asked stepping back.

"I'm breaking up with you. This isn't working anymore." He spoke quietly.

"Ugh whatever. Don't come running back when the new white girl over here doesn't do what you want." She rolled her eyes walking away.

"Uhm-" I started to speak but stopped due to the fact I didn't know what to even say.

"I like you." Carl finally broke the silence.

"What?" I was so confused. So much happened in the last 10 minutes and I can't even wrap my mind around all of it.

"I like you. You don't yell at me for doing dumb stuff and you're funny. You're fun to be around." He elaborated his prior statement.

"Carl, Dominique will kick my ass if she finds out." I avoided telling him I liked him too.

"No she won't. Not if I'm around." He stepped closer to me.

"O-okay." My breath hitched in my throat when he stepped even closer.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered.

I didn't answer with words, instead I leaned forward pushing my lips to his.

"Come to my house." He spoke as we pulled away. I nodded my head and he grabbed my hand pulling me away from the school. South Side might not be as bad as I thought.