Mickey

I stepped off of the L and walked towards the small diner i spent so much time at. I stepped inside earning a smile from Fiona.

"Hey." She waved. I waved back giving a small smile before sitting at my normal booth. She brought me the coffee I always ordered and I thanked her quietly. I heard the chimes of the door opening and I looked up. My mouth fell open and I could hardly breathe.

He looked so different. His haired was long and it looked like he hadn't shaved in weeks. His eyes my contact with my own and it felt as if they burned a hole in my soul. I felt them fill with tears and I had no clue whether to run and hug him or pretend nothing was happening. I knew I shouldn't draw attention but as soon as he made a step towards me, I couldn't help myself. I jumped up darting towards him and jumping wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Mick." I whispered as I let out a sob.

"Hi baby girl." He whispered in my ear. I let out another sob into his neck afraid to let go of him.

"Go on guys. I got the coffee Y/n." I heard Fiona whisper quietly behind us and Mickey began carrying me out of the diner. He stopped after I heard the door close.

"Y/n, baby, it's okay. I'm here now. I'm here princess." He whispered.

"I'm scared if I let go I'll never see you again Mick." I said quietly still holding on to him.

"You will baby. I promise." He placed my feet down on the sidewalk and looked in my eyes.

"My god, I can't ever lose you again Mickey. How are you back?" I said as his hands wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I got out." He said simply. I knew what he meant.

"God they're gonna come back for you." I said quietly.

"No I didn't escape. They let me go." He said softly.

"Oh my gosh. Mick, really? You're out for good?" I said excitedly. He nodded and smiled softly.

"For good." He kissed my forehead. Before he could back away I pressed my lips to his dying to feel his kiss.

"I love you." I said softly as we pulled away.

"I love you more." I couldn't lose him again.