Part 3

(3rd Person PoV; two months into the past)

Tom sat in his apartment, a bottle of Smirnoff in his cold hands as he sat in front of the television which he payed little attention to. The device flickered dimly onto the room's surroundings as it spoke of unimportant nonsense. His mind was at ease for his body had sunk into the comfort of his sofa while he drank the night away. He was dressed in a loose black T-shirt and checkered pajama pants which lured him to sleep.
The Brit shifted his dull gaze to a clock on the wall which read 12:32. The small tics poked carelessly at his mind as he listened.
Tom reluctantly got up from the couch to finally prepare for bed, a cold chill nipping him as he did so. He walked over to the TV, prodding at its sides in search of the power button. Once found, he clicked it, leaving the room dark and seemingly hollow. With the half filled bottle of Smirnoff in his grasp the tired male made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge to put the drink back where it belonged.
He closed the fridge with a blank mind, for it had been worn out by the chaos of his thoughts.
Tom turned to his bedroom, wanting to curl up in the warmth of its covers and the softness of his pillow.
After laying down he was instantly greeted with sleepiness after a long days work.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(3rd person PoV; Red Army Base)

"Sir, the letters are ready and we've settled with the addresses. When would you like them sent out?" Patryk asked, exhaustion playing in his voice. "Now would be fine, or whenever you're free." The Norwegian stated sternly, he was focused on a bundle of papers in his hands with a cigar at the end of its high in his mouth.
"Will do sir." Tord just grunted in return as the other made his way out of the higher up's office. Tord's foot began tapping as he yelled, "Paul!" A few seconds later he was there at the door.
"Yes sir?" , "Call George and have him set up a meeting two months from now with the base medics. With this war about to start there's no time to waste!" Paul took a puff from his newly lit cigarette, "Of course, but sir you should really get some sleep. It's 3 in the morning and you have arrangements later in the day." Tord looked up from his papers and propped his head on his hand, looking at Paul with a tired eye.
"I know. Er- after you finish the call you and Pat are dismissed for the night, tell him when you see each other." Paul gave him a grateful nod of his head as he made his way out.
The red leader put out his cigar in a nearby ashtray, burying his face into his hands. Many things ran through his mind, things that he needed to get done. But he knew that above all, sleep comes first. He stood up from his worn desk as he straightened out his uniform, dully thinking of his commitment to the army.
Soon enough Tord made his way out of his office, heading towards his room in a nearby corridor.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(3rd Person PoV; Toms apartment)

Tom awoke to birds singing outside his window, the morning sun shining dimly through his blue curtains. He groaned and stirred in his bed covers as he tried to get himself up.
After doing so he quickly grabbed some breakfast, lazily making a bowl of cereal and coffee to sit with. Shortly after he got dressed, preparing to get his mail from the complex lobby.
Time skip; Complex Lobby
Tom slipped his key into the small metal box only before pulling out numerous things. Most of which he could already tell was junk.
As he looked through the envelopes one caught his eye, it was long, white, and had a red wax seal. The imprint had the initials RA in cursive writing. Curious, he quickly head back up to his apartment so he could read the letter in private.
Tom payed little attention to the other envelopes as he waited in the elevator. Soon enough a small ding was heard and the metallic doors opened to reveal a familiar hall of doors. The Brit soon reached his room, quickly shuffling in his pocket for his key.
He closed the door behind him as he walked through his house, placing the extra mail on the counter for later as he sat down to read the 'fancy' one. When he opened the envelope a small bit of wax remained on the bottom half, scarring the clean seal.
As he read the letter his curiosity and happiness soon faded...and were replaced by anger and confusion.

Dear Thomas R,
We hope this letter finds you in good health. The Red Army has decided to provide you a spot in the ranks. Seeing as you have a successful record in combat we recommend you come to the following address at the following date and time.
Location: 195-- Time: 8:00 am
Date: June 13 20--
One last thing, rejection is not an option. If you refuse to show up we will escort you ourselves to base. We hope to see you soon.

"What the fuck?!"

(A/N; hey guys! Happy (late) April fools day! Just so you all know the thing earlier was a prank, unfortunately I've been busy all day so I never got the chance to say anything about it. But on a brighter note I've been writing on the side all day long, lol. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this part and had a wonderful April 1st) -Swingster