Part 14

(3rd Person PoV; the infirmary, early morning)

Tord awoke with a start, grasping the white blankets with his once rested hands. His eyes were wide and breath hitched, he soon calmed, realizing it was only early morning and had plenty of time to start the day.
He looked to the Brit that occupied the bed currently, still sound asleep with a little drool on his lip. To this the norski chuckled.
He froze, something felt wrong... like something was missing... it was only then he realized he could see the early mornings light through his damaged eye. Now don't be fooled, he certainly couldn't see objects or faces with that eye alone but he could still recognize light before dark. All of it coming in a heavy blur when covering his good eye.
He looked frantically around for his eyepatch, which he soon found lifelessly laying on the bedside table.
Picking up the heavy object, Tord remembered how much he really hated this thing. But, he'd rather have it on than get concerned glares from his army.
The strap pulled at the back of his head, eliminating the light from his vision.
That's when Tord remembered his fight with Edd, 'Oh god... I really messed up.' He thought. Deciding it'd be best to apologize later when he was awake.
The leader got up, grabbed his bag, and ruffled Tom's hair as he left, eager to get to his dorm to get into uniform.
The halls and corridors were relatively empty, thank god.
Just soldiers here and there, attending to business properly. That's how Tord liked it, a serious army with serious soldiers. No fights or arguments.
He soon made it to his room and continued to get dressed and ready, throwing his riffle across his back for safety reasons. He stepped out, feeling a sense of power in the hard clacking of his brown boots and the heaviness of his blue winter coat. It had the same appearance as his other but had grayish fur like material near the neck to keep warm.
It contrasted well with the vibrant red hoodie he wore underneath.
Getting to his office he saw he had kept someone waiting, Patryk. He was looking down and tampering with his uniform, unknowing of Tord's presence. "Good morning Patryk. What can I do for you?" He asked, unlocking the door with a metal key and walking in. Pat followed.
    "Oh, Good morning sir. I just came to tell you that Lenrik wrote back immediately, he sends his regards and states he'll be joining us soon." The norski nodded, "Glad to hear it, thank you Pat." The man nodded and dismissed himself.
    With the lilac rebellion now on their way, Tord felt a sense of confidence for the war that was now on top of them.
    Tord continued the morning by sorting out different teams and plan strategies for the battle at Tromsø. There was a small town that was bound to be empty by the time they got there so he built off of that.
He managed to get a lot done, guessing it was because of his night off. So by mid day, he took to Edd's dorm, where he knew the recruit would be awake.
    Inside the dorm was the cola lover himself, just about ready for the day after slipping on his boots and covering up with a warm blue coat, the same one everyone had as a signature of belonging in this particular army.
    He prepared with a bit of pep in his step today. He was assigned to a new unit he'd been looking forward to since the day he joined. The K-9 unit, he was going to be assigned a dog that he would soon train and work with, for the sake of the army.
    He sat on his bed with excitement, stroking the soft fur of his beloved gray cat, Ringo. The feline purred loud in reply and pushed its head up against Edd's hand. He laughed, "D'awe, Ringo, you're too cute!" He scratched behind Ringo's ear before deciding it'd be best to leave now.
    He made sure to grab his dorm key and reached for the knob, but jumped back when a sturdy knock hit the door. Already having to go, he opened the door. Oh great...
    It was Tord, tall standing with an arm outstretched from knocking. He quickly returned it to his side. Edd was surprised, his friend looked better than he did the night before, eye less sunken in and pupil hard and steady. Studying the world around himself.
    "Yes, Tord?" He asked, eager to hear what was to be said.
    "Edd, I came to apologize. I know I've been acting like an ass lately, and for that, I'm sorry. It's just been hard lately, with the war and all." Edd folded his arms, "Did you sleep?" He asked, "Beg your pardon, Edd?" Edd looked him in the eye so he could tell if he was lying or not, "Last night, did you sleep?" The blonde nodded without hesitation.
    Tord was soon engulfed in a short embrace, "Good, apology excepted! Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get my dog!" He yelled sarcastically as he walked by. "Good luck!" Tord yelled back. With his last retort, Edd yelled, "Luck is for the weak!" He laughed to himself.

(3rd Person PoV; Lilac rebellion base)

"Sir, we're almost done packing equipment." An average sized man reported, "Marvelous, thank you Ron." A caramel like voice came. The man presumed to be Ron, nodded his head and left to duties unknown.
The man stood and looked at his men with confidence, their lilac and navy blue uniforms striking his eyes with awe. Large blue trench coats hung over their shoulders, peaking with lilac material at the corners of the collar and on the brim of their hats. They were short and sturdy, covered in brown felt and black leather.
It accompanied the brown leather straps holding up multiple guns and gadgets across the waist and vertical from the shoulder. The soldiers also wore sleek black gloves and boots, shielding them from the bitter cold. Bronze buttons came in two rows going down their coats.
He himself, wore one of these bold uniforms, the only difference being his multiple badges that screamed to any stranger that he, was the leader.
From anyone's point of view, this man was tall, striking with tall ginger hair, and full of freckles, he was a friendly man but not during battle.
This man, was M. Lenrik.
He outlooked the green fields, now filled with men, packing necessities into cars that stood tall and were heavily equipped.
An average of about 40 cars scattered the land, and they'd soon be sent overseas to Norway for business with the Red Leader and his army. Helping them, of coarse, against their claimed war beginning with the Purple army. Usually, Lenrik would've thought a bit longer about lending a hand to allies before rushing off from England, but this was a personal matter, that would be settled alongside Tord's men and his own.
    Arrangements would be ready by sundown, and they'd set off then. For now, Lenrik decided to stop standing around and help his men pack under the gloomy winter skies.