Part 4

(Present time: Red Army Base)
"Edd?"

"Tom!"

    Edd ran up to Tom and engulfed him in a warm grasp, a tight one too. He held the cola lover tightly, worries being put to ease.
    But soon enough new questions came to mind, "Edd, w...what are you doing here?" , he stayed quiet for a moment, "I-" he was cut off by Paul, "Ehem... I understand you're in the middle of something but we must get moving. Red leader expects to see you at dinner."
    Tom released Edd and mumbled something about talking to him later as he turned his attention to the two soldiers. "Alright..."
As the trio continued on not a word was spoken. But soon enough they reached two large doors that loomed over Tom. They were wooden and dark, with small meaningless designs carved within.
Opening the doors a large room was introduced to Tom as the cafeteria. Dozens of soldiers all in uniform sat at long tables, talking and laughing. 'Huh'...
    Awkwardly walking into the room he shifted his eyes around, trying to get a feel for the place. But as he did so his eyes landed on a certain someone who shared his gaze. 'Dennis...'
    His red messy hair gleamed dully in the rooms lighting. As Tom walked past he opened his mouth to greet him but was soon interrupted by the Red Leader himself. "Hello Thomas, I see you made it to dinner alright. Come, we've got plenty of catching up to do."
    "I uh...okay.", "Pat, Paul, you're dismissed." He turned back to see the two men walking off. watching the backs of their uniforms shift as they walked. Guessing it would be best, he then followed Tord. Strolling past the tables, he got a few curious glares from other soldiers at the tables, murmurs started to grow as they walked further back into the great room.

"Who's he?", "What's so special 'bout him? Walking so close to the Red Leader like that..", Thomas looked down, feeling awkward and slightly scared. He kept his eyes on the ground, taking note of Tord's dark brown combat boots.
"Tor-" he began, but soon remembered where he was. "Er, Red Leader?" In return Tord gave a slight hum, "Yes Tom what is it?" He hesitated for  a moment. "I uh... saw Edd just a bit ago. Why is he here?" They reached a rather empty table in the back, Tord gestured for him to take a seat, which he gladly took.
    Tord then sat down next to him, a comfortable distance away. "What he's never told you?" , "Told me what?" Tom asked though he had a slight hunch. "He works with me, heh... and now that I think about it, he should be next door to you Tom."
    Tord reached forward for some plates, giving one to the Brit. He took it reluctantly, his mind begging to whirl  with thoughts. Thoughts that couldn't be made out easily. "Wait- he works for you?" He just gave a small mhm as he began making a plate. "If that's so, then why wasn't he in uniform?"
    "He's on vacation right now. Has been since yesterday." Tord finished making the plate of food, only to offer it to Tom, who hesitated, arms stuck in place. "Don't worry Jehova, I'm not gonna poison you or anything."
    Tord reached for the empty plate Tom had as he traded him for one with food.
    "Oh.."

    Throughout dinner, him and Tord talked about the army, and his new place in it. They talked about little mindless things as well, in attempt to rebirth their 'friendship' they once had. In all truth. Tord had grown to miss Tom. As much as he hated to admit it, he couldn't deny it either.
    He missed just having small arguments about pointless things, like what movie they should watch, or what the best snack was. But now he was caught up with work and was constantly stressed out. Finding it hard to feel genuine happiness.
    As they talked the night went on, and the two opposites ended up bonding a lot more than what was thought.
    "Alright Thomas, I think it's best to call it a night." The dining room was now empty and dim, Tord's voice echoed slightly when he spoke. Tom hummed in agreement as the two stood up, "I'll walk you to your room if you'd like, you probably don't remember the way, huh?", "Nope." Tord gave a small sigh, "Then it's settled. Come along then."
    Tord led the way out the big wooden doors, stepping out into the open corridor, a bit of a chill swept by from the main yards, giving Tom goosebumps.
    The stone structure gave off a dim glow of grey as the newly raised moon shone on it. "Ah, fall's ending. Winter'll be harsh, I'll have to get the men prepared." Tom looked at the taller individual, studying his features carefully. The many healed scars across his face, his devil like hair, he could name off more but felt the need not to.
    There they walked, side by side in utter silence, where only their footsteps could be audible. Tord savored the moment, feeling at peace for once, more...complete.
    After a mild walk they reached a hallway that Tom dully recognized, although the two ended up walking past Tom's dorm. "Uh, Red Leader-", "Tord. Just Tord." "Oh...Well, Tord, that was my room back there." "Yes I know. I'm just going to show you where my room is incase you need anything." Tom remained silent, catching up with Tord as he walked.
His room must not have been far because Tord soon stopped in front of a door, quickly grabbing a bunch of keys that hung off his uniform jacket, "I also need to give you your room key while we're here."
Soon enough Tord had unlocked the door and had walked inside. There wasn't anything special about it, which is something he didn't expect quite honestly. He had a few bookcases, a bed, and some other stuff that seemed unimportant at the time. As he looked around Tord began to rummage through a draw in his bedside table. There were a few pictures on the wall, one of which was a group photo of him, Matt, Edd, and Tom. He didn't say anything about it but mentally took note of it.
Looking over to the desk there were stray blueprints an papers later out. Tom began to look over them but was soon interrupted, "Here we are," he said walking over to Tom, "Your room key." Tord handed him a small metal key. Tom began to walk towards the door. "Thanks.." "No problem, if you need anything you know where my room is."
"Yeah...goodnight I guess." He said, walking out. "Goodnight Tom. Get some rest we have a busy day tomorrow." He said nothing in return, wanting to get back to his room. Tord shut his door, making sure to lock it.
The tired Norwegian stripped his uniform only before putting on some lounge clothes to sleep in.

-And just like that day 1 was over-

(A/N; hey guys, sorry for the delayed update, I'm busy with school at the moment so I've been struggling to write lately. Quick reminder I have an instagram if you guys would like to follow, just to see what I'm up to and stuff. The user is Swingster_13. Anyway, let me know what you thought of this chapter, thanks for reading.) -Sudzly