Part 6

^The Red army base map^
Excuse how messy it is, I just scribbled some stuff down. I'll make a more detailed one later on.

(3rd Person PoV; RA Base, Main fields)

'Oh god...'

Tom stood there, his voids for eyes widened with fear and uncertainty. He supported himself on nothing but a stone pillar at the end of a corridor, watching the scene in front of him intently.
    Tord and an unfamiliar figure were holding each other at gunpoint. Few numbers of soldiers behind each man, armed and ready for command. The ground was lit by multiple vehicles headlights, creating a stage for a show to be put on. But this show had an empty audience.
    They stood in hostile position as if weights were holding them down to the godforsaken Earth. And their arms were like those of a statue, unmoving and still.
    But something wasn't right....Tords number in men seemed to have...decreased? No, that's not right.
    Tom thought of the situation in his head, 'if group 3 went out alone, they would seem weak and outnumbered. But with the other two groups hidden in the brush, Tord would most likely wait until their most vulnerable point to give the say so..' It was smart, but somehow expectant...
    Tom looked away nervously, his eyes captured by a small sapphire colored flower practically glowing in the moons pale light. It engulfed the pillar bottom along with some strands grass. So peaceful. So pure.
Gravely he turned his attention back to the main fields.

(3rd Person PoV; Main fields)

Tord gripped his gun, anger flowing through his veins. He stood on a dirt pathway, just wide enough for a few people to stand side by side. Around him was a large grass field with some brush near the gate entrance, behind him the field was greeted with a stone corridor, rather known as corridor A.
The Norwegian cleared his throat, "So Charles, how have you been?" He said grimly, shooting an unpleasant glance into the others emerald eyes.
"Not bad Tord, not bad. I thought I'd pay a little late night visit before I set off." Tord narrowed his eyes, "Set off? You lost me." The other male snickered, putting his gun down. The figures behind him following his lead. "Of course...You see, I'm leaving Norway to deal with some things and I may not return as fit as I am now." He said, his voice sly and sure.
"I see," Tord began, he lowered his gun as well, but the rest of his group remained ready with aim. The Red leader took a few steps forward with an outstretched hand. "Then I wish you luck on your journey." He stated, pushing his anger aside for a quick moment.
    Charles took hold of his robotic hand, the cold red metal sending chills down his spine. "By the way, I've been practicing the Latin language, do you speak it?" Tord gripped his hand, Charles eyes were soon dusted with confusion. "Yes actually.." Tord smiled with a devilish grin, "Great, so you do know what I mean when I say impetus, correct?"
    Charles was about to reply when numerous soldiers sprung out of the gateside brush, cocking several rifles and aiming them at his very being. This action had successfully outnumbered the trespassers. "Why am I not surprised.." he took a few steps back, taking aim with his own gun once more. Tord did the same, but didn't shoot.
"Leave now Charles...I don't want to shoot you." The other was silent and angered as he slowly backed up into the protection of the cars. His followers did the same, refusing to turn their backs to the Red Leader and his soldiers.
The movement was silent, the small band people forming a protective wall around the base front.
Soon enough car engines were started and the sleek vehicles began to pull out of the fields. Signaling safety to the defenders.

...Right?...

Tord lowered his gun, but the rest of the men did not. They were waiting for the vehicles to leave their vision as they stood on the now dark fields. Due to the lack of light.
Tord swung his riffle to his back, seeing no use for it now. "..That was easy..." Paul said, "Yeah, almost to easy." Tord replied, reaching into his side pocket to retrieve a flashlight that fit nicely in his hand. As he did so he noticed a feeling in his stomach, a bad feeling. He clicked a small button of the side of the light.
As if it were perfectly timed, one of the four cars stopped as soon as light was brought to the ground under his feet. He was about to retrieve his gun when something else caught his attention.

Tom

"Tord!" He exclaimed, running up to the Norwegian. "Tom, what the hell are you doing out here?! And why are you in uniform?!"
Tom opened his mouth to say something but a loud shot was fired. Interrupting the moment. Tord swung his head to the cars, a gun was being pointed out of a back window that belonged to one of the cars.
"Tom, get behind Paul and Patryk." Whom of which were closely behind the leader himself. Tom scrambled behind the two. Or at least attempted to do so.

                           BANG!!

Just after Tords command a second bullet was fired...and this time it hit its target.
"GAH!"
A body fell to the ground with a thump, along with the flashlight Tord was holding. "Tom!" He dropped to his knees beside the Brit, whom of which was in a fetal position. His uniform beginning to grown darker in a certain spot. The soldiers began firing at the cars, a couple of unknown gunman shooting back.
    Though they weren't around long enough for anyone else to get hurt, soon after a short riot of bullets the cars took off into the darkness of the night.
    Tom gasped as Tord put a hand on his shoulder, quickly explaining to Tom that he must lay on his back for a minute.
    He obeyed his request, giving a grunt as he did so.
    Tord inspected his wound, "Patryk, go get the medics!" He yelled, hearing no response but a pair of boots running up to the corridor.
    Tom's grey vest had a gaping hole where he had been hit, which was located on the right side of his torso.
    The leaders mind was beginning to rally with worry and confusion as he picked Tom up as if he were a bride. The Brit buried his face in Tords shoulder out of pain and misery as his hands now grasped his side.
    Coming to his senses Tord began rushing Tom down the corridor hall, leaving the main fields unorganized.
    He busted through the large wooden doors with his back, not wanting to injure the smaller man more. He was greeted with the some base medics and Patryk.
    "Patryk, I need you to arrange some orders with the men outside," he started as he made his way to the infirmary with Thomas in his arms. Patryk followed him, "I want security to be doubled for the next day or two, any suspicious actions are to be reported immediately. One more thing, I need Charles profile, put it on my office desk, I'll look at it later." Patryk soon took off in the opposite direction back to the main fields.
    Tord now focused on the task at hand as his feet brought him into the infirmary, a few soldiers were laying in the beds, but nothing too busy.
    Tom began to cough and groan, his state only getting worse by the second. He laid the smaller down on the clinic bed, only for it to be swarmed with doctors soon after.

    He walked out of the infirmary, his head filled with a mixture of emotions.

               'It's my fault isn't it?'

(A/N; ...hiiii guys...Heh, I thought this would be an interesting idea, I've been writing this chapter all day. I uh, hope you enjoyed it..? Eh what am I kidding you guys probably hate me rn. I can't blame you 😂 well, I'll see you in the next part. Thanks for reading) -Swingster