Part 13

(3rd Person PoV; RL's office)

    Tord frantically paced in his office, awaiting the arrival of his right hand men. It had been a few hours since he had given word of war to his army, and everyone seemed to take it with shock, but carried on with their duties. Training later than usual.
    The norski ran his metallic hand through his caramel brown hair and huffed with stress, pulling at the locks as his hand fell to his side.
    A small knock at the door caught his attention quickly, finally, his men. Paul and Pat came in and stood in front of Tord's desk, hands folded and eagerly awaiting Tord's orders. "Ah, good. You're here." He said, his voice crumbling with exhaustion and instability.
    "As we all know, war was declared by the Purple Army early this evening. The first battle is going to be met in a week at Tromso... and it may not sound nice but I believe we should seek help from our allies." He explained, sitting down in his worn leather chair.
    Paul immediately decided to take advantage of the short silence and voice his opinion, "But sir, that would put us in debt, are you sure that's wise?" To this their leader huffed and opened a drawer on his desk. Not surprisingly pulling out a cigar to smoke.
    "I understand we'd be put in debt Paul... but I have an advantage in this case." His two right hand men switched glances of wonder. "What would that be sir?" Patryk asked.
    Tord smiled and lit his cigar, a small 'clink' coming from his lighter. "The Lilac rebellion."
    Both men were silent but seemed to understand, seeing as the Lilac rebellion hadn't shown up in a while, they were busy in England.
The Lilac rebellion is a union resembling it's own name, it possesses outcasts and rebels from the hated Purple army, it's gone so far to be led by the Purple's previous leader, M. Lenrik.
Tord's known him for his whole life, but has only joined his company in Army standards for about 2 years.
"So Patryk, when you're available, I'd like you to send a letter to Lenrik, explaining our situation." The man gave a small nod in return.
Paul sat silently, eyeing his leader with concern, Tord took notice. "Paul.. what's wrong?" He repositioned himself in his chair. "Sir, you should really sleep. I understand we're busy but you need it." Tord huffed. "I understand Paul. Now go with you two, to your duties." Pat nodded and got up, looking at Paul who got up more slowly. As if in a thinking trance.
Soon enough the two men left the head office. Paul and Pat walked outside in the open corridors, breathing in the newborn brisk winter air.
Pat stopped and turned to his friend, "Paul, are you alright?" Nodded, "Yes... I'm just worried for Red Leader. Avoiding rest this long." Suddenly a light sparkled in his eyes, "I've got it! I'll just get Edd to go, he'll listen to him, surely." Pat gave him a small smile.
"Then see to it. I have to deliver the letter to Lenrik." Paul nodded and patted him on the shoulder. "Good luck." Pat said, the two men going their own ways.
Lucky for Paul he knew exactly where to find Edd. The infirmary.
Arriving at the near front he spotted the green hoodie that screamed from under his blue coat as he talked gently to his friend. A smile appearing on his face every so often.
He walked over, eager to get him to Red Leader. "Edd," he stated, catching the attention of the soldier and soon to be. "Oh hey Paul." Edd said gently. "Hi Paul." Tom followed, seemingly relaxed which seemed odd. Edd must not have told him yet.
    Tom looked relatively better as he laid down in his bed, his head slightly elevated. There were a few wires hooked up and attached to him, all having an individual purpose. His form lifted and lowered in a reoccurring pace.
    He looked to Edd and began to explain. "I hate to ask this of you but Tord's refusing to sleep, he really needs it too. Do you think you can go talk to him?" Tom seemed to listen to the conversation but didn't intervene, his eyes focused and his mind seemingly blank.
    They talked for a few minutes and Tom began to tone out, taking his hand and running it through his ruffled hair, pulling at the IV wires in his hands.
    He glanced at his forearm as it reached his head, having a short look back to the other day when his veins projected a vibrant purplish glow. He saw no sign of the strange color now, so he pushed it aside.
    Only when Edd stood up did Tom snap from his trance. Already feeling a longing for him to stay and keep him company. "I'm really sorry Tom but I've gotta go for minute, if you want, Paul said he would keep you company."
    Tom nodded, seeing as he never spent much time with him. Pat was always the one to visit in free time. Edd walked over to the Brit and ruffled his hair gently, making Tom smile a little.
    With that he left. Leaving Paul and Tom alone together. "So, how've you been Thomas?" He looked up, "Just Tom is fine, and I've been... better. I'm just pretty sore." Paul hummed and looked away. "Well if you want, I'll call your nurse..."