Part 15

(3rd Person PoV; Red Army Base)

It was the beginning of another day... and time was quickly spinning to war. Tord, under pressure and rushed, was walking the halls with Edd, his best friend.
"...haha, yeah. By the way, Edd. I'd prepare your room while you still can, Matt is coming a bit earlier than expected." For a minute, the brunette got incredibly excited, but he soon realized why, he was coming so early.
"Tord, no." He gasped. Tord looked away shamefully. "I'm sorry Edd, but his rebellion will help us take lead in a few days!" Edd was visibly starting to get uncomfortable, and Tord knew it.
Edd hated, and I mean hated it when he watched Matt fight in battles nearside. He didn't want to think about his once purely innocent friend now taking lives and leading armies. It just felt so... wrong.
He started to breath heavily and stepped back, "But you said, h-he..." The Norwegian stepped forward, closing the space between them. He wrapped his arms securely around Edd's torso, his blue sleeves folding in wired ways.
"I know... I know, I'm sorry." He could feel the brunette start to calm, and he slowly pushed away from Tord. "I... have to go... I'm probably late to training.." he quickly turned and walked.
A pang of regret ran down Tord's spine. But it was necessary.
He continued to aid his army though the day, laying plans out and yelling at soldiers to get their shit together.
By late afternoon, Patryk arrived at Tord's office, helping him make room for the rebels.
    Working quietly in his office with Patryk, a knock at the door came short and fast. Startling both men. The norski grumbled, "Come in."
    It was Dennis, he hadn't seen him in a few days so it was a pleasant surprise. "Ah, hello Dennis. What can I do for you?"
    He came in and sat down next to Pat. "Evening Red Leader." He said, his Scottish accent thick like syrup.
    Dennis, was a rather short but well built Scottish man. He had dirty red hair and dozens of freckles on a pale face. He'd been recruited many years before and soon became top of his class. He was also the man who recruited Tom, on Red Leader's orders of course.
    His uniform was dull and his red collar helped nothing but contrast.
    "I wanted to come sooner sir, but you've been horrifically busy these past days." "Get to the point Dennis, I've got things to do."
    "Yes, right." He suddenly got uncomfortable and a bit Squimish. "The other day, I was in the infirmary visiting a friend... and I happened to see Thomas... observing his veins."
    Tord was dumbfounded, "Is this some kind of joke you ass? What the hell do I car-" "Sir." Pat intervened, "Temper." He stated.
    Tord sighed, "Is that all?" He shook his head, "H-his veins at that time... they were glowin' purple!" He spat, freaked out. Tord's eye widened. "Did you tell anyone?" Dennis shook his head again. "No sir, I-" "Good, keep it that way, no one is to know about his secret! Do you hear me?!" He nodded frantically. "Yes sir!"
    Tord dismissed him, having a new feeling of fear and guilt. Usually, he wouldn't let someone that'd seen that leave so easily, but Dennis has known since the beginning. And so has Pat, Paul, and Edd. Although Edd never wanted any part of it, he needed to know for when it happened.
The norski put his head in his hands as Dennis ran through the door, he was always loyal, but a bit skittish around Tord. Especially, when he's angry.
Patryk took a breath, "Sir-" a low growl cane from the leader's lips, "Don't even start Pat, I know... I just.. ARGH!" He landed his metallic first down on the base map in front of him in frustration. Why now? Why?!
"Leave." He said lowly, Pat looked at him, "What? But... we've all this work!"
Tord looked up, staring daggers in light brown eyes. "Then take it with you. Now leave."
Pat shuffled for the papers and walked out
Not to far down the hall was Tom, still bed ridden due to his bullet wound... stupid guns. He was surrounded with an empty company, the only people roaming being nurses and a doctor now and then. They seemed... busy. A lot busier than normal anyway, it made the Brit curios. It was probably nothing.
Although. The more he thought about it, the more he realized Edd wasn't stopping by as much. And he constantly heard commotion out the infirmary doors. Did something happen? Surely not...
    That's when it happened again... the taunting glow from his veins. The purple luminescent shone through his skin much like paper, it was frightening.
    Tom's hit wrenched and he observed only for a moment, making an effort to call a nurse over. Luckily, he managed to get someone's attention, but her eyes were wide with fear. What happened next?
    Black out.

    Tord eventually gotten back to work with essence of paranoia crawling down his spine. He was hunched over and concentrated on his work, creating palaces of paragraphs.
    A static filled voice overcame the room, essentially coming from his walkie, "Red Leader! There's been an outbreak! Down in the infirmary, someone- something is attacking us!!" His pencil led broke in an instant. His eyes shot down to his hip and his hand immediately reached for it greedily.
    "Code Red, Cod-" the voice was cut off, static falling over.
    Tord stood up so fast he'd nearly fallen over his chair, he bolted to the door, dreadfully grabbing his cold riffle from his back.

                            "Tom!"