Part 16

Tord came to an abrupt halt in the infirmary doorway, staring at the mess inside. People were backed to the walls in fear, eyes wide and feet apart, ready to run.
    One bed in particular was thrown on it side, wires from a distant machine broken off with small drops of blood. It was Tom's, and he was no where to be seen.
Well, at least not in a humanoid form, and Tord was the only one able to point him out. Alas, a large charcoal black monster stood at about ten feet, looming over helpless doctors and their nurses. It stood on two enormous feet, armed with purple and pink claws. The of color was also seen on the horns of the beast, over its large void-like eye.
The monster slammed its massive fists down on the ground, turning every which way before a flicker of recognition was seen in it's movements. A long black tail swiped the floor, unwillingly hitting over a fragile machine on wheels.
"Red Leader, do something!" A man cried, meanwhile the monster just stood, gazing at Tord. It only lasted a second before it became visibly angry, slowly trudging toward the norski. It's claws gripped to fists and back out again. Hinting a not so happy ending.
    Tord gripped his riffle, not wanting to take aim. He knew it was Tom. And he didn't want to shoot.
    Out of the corner of his eye he saw a soldier, most likely a rookie, come up behind him with a gun of his own. "Put your gun down soldier," he said quietly, tilting his head towards the man but keeping his eyes on Tom. He was getting closer.
    "I'm sorry did you have a better idea? Look at that thing!" Tord scoffed, "Matter o' fact I do, dipshit, now put your gun down before I shove it where the sun doesn't shine!" He growled.
    The firearm was lowered, "Now, make use of yourself and call Patryk, tell him to bring me some cola..." he said, walking away from the soldier, trapping Tom to his eyes only. He led him to an opposing corner where no one stood in danger besides himself. "Are you fucking kidding me?" "NOW!" The arrogant rookies hands flew to his Walkie-talkie, murmuring into it, dumbfounded.
    Tom flew forward, swiping an enormous hand through the air, creating a short breeze. He was only feet away, and he'd eventually cornered Tord. Throwing his arms up like a bear in defense, he roared with gruesome teeth, sending a shiver down the commie's spine.
    He threw his foot down merely a foot from Tord's, his eye became wide and he bang to target Tom's movements, ducking underneath his claws when he swung and flying to the side when a large limb came down in his previous position.
    Eventually he heard distant footsteps that he already knew belonged to Patryk. Tord couldn't quite see him, but from a strangers vision he carried a tranquilizer gun loaded with something other than the usual drugs. Cola.
    He took quick aim on one knee and shot him square in the back. His massive black head turned quickly as he stammered back. His eye became droopy and soon enough, the beast fell to the cool tile floor with a loud thud.
    Tord was up against a wall, breathing heavy and staring down at the black mass in front of him. "Took you long enough." He said, looking over at Pat who was approaching, stopping to kneel next to Tom. "Sorry."
    The leader joined him and watched as the beast soon shrunk to a human form once again. Leaving Tom, frail looking with messy hair, medic gown practically shredded. His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open, soft breaths coming in and out.
    Tord sighed. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve any of it.
    He bent over and ever so gently removed the cola filled dart from his back. Already knowing it would be sore tomorrow.
    Suddenly his walkie cracked with Paul's voice, "Red Leader, the Lilac Rebellion has just arrived at the front gates." Tord looked to Pat, handing him the empty dart, "Go take care of that, would you?" He pleaded. Pat nodded and left with the gun and veil.
Tord looked to the doctors and nurses that slowly began surrounding them. They were looking at something, pointing even. He looked down to Tom and decided to get him out of there.
He bent down and snaked an arm under his knees and under his head, evidently carrying him like a lifeless bride.
Tom's head hung back slightly his arms cradling one another against Tord's chest. His pale blue gown wasn't even one piece anymore, but Tord used the what he could salvage, to cover Tom's body.
"I expect you can take care of this, Dr. Sherman?" He asked loudly, referring to the mild mess created in the whole shibang. Dr. Sherman stammered a quick 'Of course, Sir.' Before talking to unanimous employees. He was the head doctor after all, it was his duty.
Tord continued to walk out the infirmary doors and to his own dorm. Once he was in, he laid the Brit down on his bed, making sure he was in a position he assumed to be comfortable. Afterwards, he took the remaining patches of the hospital gown and threw them away, leaving Tom in a pair of black boxers. And Tord stared, but not for the reason one may think. "His wound, it's... gone?" His words dripped with shock, having a small flashback to the night Tom was shot in the side, leaving him crippled. He soon snapped from his trance, deciding to think on it later.
He was quick to dig through his clothes and grab a grey t-shirt and red plaid pajama pants. He struggled to dress Tom but eventually managed to finish the task, making sure to wrap the smaller man up in a soft red quilt before anything else.
Now he needed to meet Matt... he could surely wait a minute, right? He subconsciously asked, sitting next to Tom and putting his hand up to caress his tired face, tucking a stray strand of brown hair behind his ear. He didn't know it, but he stared at Tom lovingly, and worried. He soon noticed the feeling and dwelled on it... did he... love Tom?

Yes. He decided.

He leant forward and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, staying as is for a good second before getting up and leaving.
Tord however, remembered to write a note which he left on the bed. Just in case he happened to wake up before Tord returned.