Part 8

(3rd Person PoV; RA base, infirmary)

At the current moment Tord was sitting in a rather cool metallic chair next to Tom's hospital bed as he slept, the dim mornings light shining through some nearby windows, giving the room a rather dull feel. The norski waited patiently for the other to wake up.
Though he was patiently waiting he was on a tight schedule, if Tom didn't wake up within the next ten minutes Tord would have to leave due to his duties as leader without giving Tom his consent.

So he waited, up until the point where some of his soldiers were contacting him through the walkie talkies, telling him that he wasn't seen in the main fields as promised. Tord clicked a small button on the side of the small device, silencing the soldiers urgent demands.
He stood up from the chair, straightening out his uniform as he did so. Feeling the strong blue material flatten beneath his touch, much like his soldiers obeying his commands without hesitation. The idea fascinated Tord's mind for many minutes until he snapped back to reality, steadying his eyes on the sleeping Brit. Slow silent breathes exiting his system.
Tord stepped towards the low bed, hesitant with curiosity. He leaned over the bed and ever so cautiously pulled back a loose stand of Tom's hair behind his ear. He made sure to use his human hand, not wanting to wake the smaller with the cold metal on his robotic arm. He rested his hand on the side of Tom's face, taking in the pale look of his skin and small bags under Tom's voids. Despite them being closed.
Tom began to slightly squirm and groan, signaling that he would be awake soon. The Norwegian retracted his hand quickly, feeling a bit flustered.
At last the mans nonexistent eyes opened, staring tiredly at the ceiling. "Tom?" The norski wearily asked. A long and groggy moan came from the hospitalized man, whom of which slowly turned his head to the left, shooting a painful glance at Tord. "Tord?" He asked as he tried to sit up, wincing as he did so. "No no no, Thomas lay down, you shouldn't be moving." He said in a gentle tone. He placed his hands on his shoulders, giving him a light push down. Tom laid back down, thankfully, but still had a pained expression.
    "T-Tord." He stuttered. Reaching his hand out to grab his sleeve, he tugged lightly on it. In obvious pain from his wound.
    Just after that the nurse from earlier arrived, giving a curt nod to the leader as she walked over to Tom's opposite side with a few veils in hand.
    She asked Tom some reasonable questions to which he responded shakily, which made Tord feel guilt. He caused this problem, might as well help Tom through it.
    After a bit she extracted something for Tom's pain into his IV. Which slightly relieved the Norwegian. What seemed like only seconds after he began to calm down, his eyes falling from a wide extent to a tired half gaze.
    The nurse stayed for a few moments longer, scribbling away on some paper. Soon enough she looked up from her work to give the two a respectful farewell before leaving.

    Tord took this chance to glance at Tom, dully studying his damaged body. "Tom?" He asked, making sure the Brit was still awake. He replied with a groggy 'hm'.
    "I'm sorry." Was all he said, looking down. Tom would only think he was receiving an apology for his wound, but truth is that Tord was apologizing for two things. One of which was indeed his wound. The other....

              The spill of his secrets.

    Like any leader Tord had secrets, but thinking he could trust a fellow comrade he let them loose.
    The soldier then used it against Tord in a harmful way, starting a negative breakout in his army for a time.
    Eventually the soldier fled from the base with some few fellow mates, determined to come back stronger to destroy the Red Army for holding such terrible information. That soldier...

                    ...Was Charles.

    Once he left he started his own army, the Blue Army. Overall it's a fine army, but there's one problem. Their entire army is practically devoted to be rivals with the Red Army.

    As Tord got lost in his thoughts with the past he nearly missed Tom's reply, "Whatever commie.." his voice was weak and tired, almost strained some would say. The norski said nothing in response, switching his glance to something different as Tom's shallow breathes could be heard in the background.
    As he was looking around, he spotted an unexpected visitor walking toward him. Tord knew he'd show up at some point, Edd.
    He was in uniform, obviously back from a short vacation. His classic green hoodie and a blue trench coat that floated lightly over his tan pants.
    Even though Edd was a part of the army, he rebeled against the Red undercoat, determined to keep his familiar look. Tord barely allowed it, despite him being a close friend he still wanted all soldiers to wear the same thing. Somewhat at least.
    "Tord, what's going on?" He said urgently, looking down at Tom with worried eyes. Tord looked down at Edd's small stature, "He um...He got shot during an attack this morning. The bullet entered just above his right hip, which'll unfortunately effect his walking abilities for a while."
    Edd stared at the taller in disbelief. "What?! Tord, how could you let this happen?! The one thing I've asked of you since I've joined this god forsaken army.." Despite the difference between their anatomy, Tord shrunk from Edd's words. It was true that when Edd first joined, he had a single request. That of which was to keep Matt and Tom safe from harm, seeing as the two would hopefully never be a part of the army. But clearly that didn't work out.
Tord went to reply but decided it would be best not to, instead he just stepped away from Tom's bed, leaving the Brit and Edd in privacy to talk.

The leader stepped out of the infirmary, guilt now feeling like an endless tower of weights on his back.

'Well, off to the Main Hall..'

(A/N; hey guys, hope you liked part 8. I have a question for you all, how would you feel about a EW magic au fanfic? Like with hogwarts and all. I'd probably make it a tomtord thing. Let me know your opinion in the comments please! :) anyway, that's all for now.) -Swingster