Part 10

(3rd Person PoV; RL's Office)

"You called?" Edd asked, sounding a bit confused, as if coming out of a trance. He looked at Tord with questioning brown eyes as if expecting an answer.
    "Yeah, thanks for coming. Look, I need you to keep Tom out of the lab for a while...not that he's going anywhere anytime soon." He momentarily paused and Edd noticed a glimmer of shame in his one eye. He internally scoffed, surely this man wouldn't care about his long time rival...they were always problematic together, always getting in fights and arguments.
He soon continued, "Also if you wouldn't mind, would you take morning patrol about four weeks from now?" Edd grew with confusion as he was requested such things.
    "Uh...sure I'll take the morning patrol. Mind explaining why you want him out of the lab though?" Tord scoffed and rummaged quickly in his desk drawer, recovering a small blue screwdriver. "You know why I want him out of the lab, Edd." he started, his accent heavy with a newfound stress that Edd took note of with slight worry.
He pulled up his tattered blue sleeve to reveal a red metallic arm that glinted in the seemingly dull light. He rested it atop the desk and fiddled the tool into some loose connections.
It took Edd a minute to think, yet his mind came up with nothing to what he was referring to. He gave Tord a look of question, the norski only sighed in return. "His DNA files." A look of remembrance flashed across Edd's soft face.
"Oh yeah...got it." Now that Tord spoke of his friend's files he remembered that unspoken night quite well.  Everything from the destroyed factories to his last sacrifice to protect Eduardo. It all began to come back now. (Referencing back to the eddisode "Power Edd")
    After joining the Red Army, Edd soon found out that Tord was responsible for Tom's transformation. It shocked him at first, it even kept him up a few nights in bed, wondering how it all worked. So, with such lack of knowledge he took up the study of science at the base. Thinking that by doing so he would somehow begin to understand.
    It worked out well and he seemed to understand it clearly to say the least. But while he was studying, slacking at base was no option, so he was placed in the normal training ranks for a time.
A small satisfying click came from something in Tord's gleaming arm and he placed the small tool back into a side drawer. "Tord. I'll do my best to keep him out but you do understand he's going to get in there at some point anyway don't you?" Edd stated with realization.
Tord grumbled at his question, "Yes but he's not ready yet...he's nowhere near ready." The norski closed his eye and his brow was furrowed with frustration. Edd seized his chance to study his old friend. He had noticeable dark bags under his eyes and his face was slightly smudged with dirt, which met his Carmel hair at a point. His golden locks stood up in those classic devil horns of his. Which seemingly matched his personality.
Edd shot his gaze away as he re opened his eye. "I know." Edd started, shifting impatiently, the green cloth of his hoodie engulfing him with a feeling of comfort and familiarity. "Look, I hate to leave but I gotta feed Ring-" Tord cut him off slyly, "Go."
His tone sounded complicated and his demeanor screamed that he was beginning to get stressed.
Edd hummed softly and stood up, making to leave. But before he did he walked swiftly around his side of the desk to the other's, wrapping his arms around the Red Leader in attempt to relieve him of his worries if only for a moment. Tord's body was stone at first but surly melted into his grasp soon enough.
That was the first thing Edd noticed when he joined his army, Tord would always put up these walls and a strong overlook when at base or around his men. But when he was with Edd he let his cracks show, because he was the closest thing to home he would ever have for a long while from time to time...and out of all people Edd understood that when he was home he was relaxed and his normal self. So he did his best to keep that side of Tord close.
"Thanks Edd.." he said as the grasp around him was released, Edd's hands however slid onto his shoulders while he looked him in his eye. "Don't worry so much Tord, you'll become Matt when he looses one of his mirrors!" He laughed at his reference, Matt was indeed a worrisome being when he lost a belonging as precious as a single mirror.
"Aha, alright Edd. Now go feed that cat before it starves to death.." he replied in a lighter tone. Edd, looked down at him with a small smile of satisfaction before leaving the leaders office in a hurry. Tord only watched the door for a minute of two, then got up to do his mid day patrol around the base.

                     To Be Continued

(A/N; OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY FOR THIS LATE AS HELL UPDATE, things are busy rn!! Anyway, sorry if this part is kinda crap, I wrote a majority of it just now and I don't have the patience to edit it just yet, I'm working on a couple things...thank you all for reading and I'll write up the next part as quickly as I can. Love ya.) -Swingster