Part 5

(3rd Person PoV; Red Army Base)

Tord laid in bed, turning his head slightly to glance at the alarm clock on his bedside table. '10:35 pm...' as late as it was he soon began to drift off, letting exhaustion take over...

But what seemed like only minutes after he closed his eyes he was awoken by a hard rapid knock on his door, he quickly got up and looked at the clock, studying the time with his tired eyes. '1:30?! What's going on?!'
He made his way over to the door, not even caring about who it was he swung it open. "Red Leader!" It was Paul. He looked distressed and tired, his hair was a mess and he was in a gray t-shirt and black sweats. Tord guessed he had just been awoken as well.
"Paul, do you know what time it is?!"
He yelled, his voice rasping slightly. "Yes, and I'm sorry. But you're needed at the front gates immediately! I didn't get the full intake but something's going on out there, something bad!" Tord was now awake and his heart was racing with anticipation. "Awake Patryk and some others, tell them to meet me in the main hall! I'll be there in 10 minutes.", "Yes sir!" With that Paul took off down the hall, most likely up to the control room to dispatch the wake up calls.
Tord slammed his door only to rip open his closet, grabbing his uniform and quickly throwing it on. Not even bothering to close the sliding door, he slid on his worn boots.
    He attended to a few more things only before grabbing his riffle, sliding it around so it was up against his back. Soon after he walked out into the hall, only to be greeted with a shocked Tom.

(3rd Person PoV; Control Room)

    Paul scrambled across the room, pacing back and forth to different buttons and phones. He picked up a phone and dialed three numbers, soon connecting to his desired room. "Hi, this is Paul. Be armed and in uniform down in the main hall....10 minutes from now, yeah." It was his 15th call, and his last. He quickly stumbled out of the room, making his way back to his dorm to get ready.
He met Patryk waiting in front of his room, he was already in uniform, unlike Paul. "You'd better hurry up, we have a little over 5 minutes." Paul only nodded in response, quickly unlocking the door and rushing inside. He grabbed his riffle, giving it to Pat to hold as he threw on his uniform. Getting out as fast as he could, he closed his door and retrieved his gun from Patryk...and soon enough they were on their way.

(3rd Person PoV; Hall A)

    "Tom, what are you doing here? Go back to your room." He stood there nervously, dressed in a pair of black sleep pants and his beloved stay safe shirt. "Tord what's going on this early in the morning?", "I-" he was cut off by a walkie talkie that was strapped to his side. "Red Leader, where are we meeting?" He sighed only before grabbing the small device and speaking into it. "The main hall in 5 minutes." There was no response, so he returned his attention to Tom, "I'll tell you later, I need to go." He stated urgently, Tord began to make his way past Tom but was soon stopped by a hand on his shoulder, "What's going on?!" Tord shrugged his hand off and turned around, matching his eyes with a challenging gaze, "I don't necessarily know yet. Please Tom, go back to your room!"
    Tord began running down the hall, leaving Tom confused and a bit scared. So, deciding he would follow him, secretly of course, he returned to his room. He dug up his new uniform, a navy blue dress shirt with a gray pullover vest, accompanied by a black tie and pair of black pants.
    Putting it on he scrambled over to his bed to put on his shoes. The small checkered design was dirtied and dull due to being so worn out, which bugged Tom, but he pushed the thought aside. Not wanting to get off track.
    'What did he say? Main hall? I think that's what it was...' He pondered the idea for a while as he grabbed his dorm key, tucking it into a small pocket in his pants.
   He stepped out into the hall and began his journey to the main hall, wherever it was.

Tord stepped into the main hall, his boots clacking on the hard wood floor. "Hello men, my apologies for such an early and abrupt wake up call...but I'm afraid he have an issue to deal with. Dennis, is Dennis here?" The ginger moved his way to the front of the crowd, "Yes sir.", "Ah, there you are. You take night shifts, what exactly are we dealing with?" Dennis cleared his throat and began to explain the conflict. Tord grabbed a cigar from his uniform pocket. "There's about four cars out by the front gate, from what I've seen they're occupied and running, but the headlights aren't on, it almost makes me think we're being watched but who would be that obvious about it? I thought it looked suspicious, so I woke Paul and he said he'd take care of things." Tord lit his cigar, quickly popping it into his mouth. "Fair enough..Alright, when we move out we'll go in groups of three. One to the left of me, and one to my right. But remain hidden in the brush, and you are not to intervene without my order. The code word is 'impetus'. Alright?" He glanced around the small crowd, earning nods and murmurs from them. "I'll lead the third group...Paul, Patryk, and Dennis, you lot will be with me." The three just nodded.
He then turned to another soldier and quickly began talking about the next team. He continued on until there were three groups. 
But as he talked, Tom was hidden behind a rather large stone pillar, listening to everything he said.
His mind was processing their conversation, making sure not to make a sound as he stood so soundly. For with the tiniest footstep or breath, someone would surely notice.
There was a point of nervousness as he heard Tord stop talking, and all that was audible were the footsteps of the armed men moving outward.

'They're gone..'

He quickly poked his head out from behind the pillar, studying the empty room. Everything from the stained hardwood floor to the dim yellow walls that supported the main hall.
He walked out into the room, making his way from the building cautiously. After exiting he was greeted with a familiar stone corridor, he looked out onto the dim fields, barely able to make out the dark color. The sky contained many shades of grey and black, along with a heavy scent of rain, hinting that it would soon begin to drizzle.

It comforted him, a rainy day was always a good day in his eyes. The thought of rain began to cloud his mind and he almost forgot about the task at hand. All he wanted was to take in the moment, but a loud gunshot that broke through the silence of the area would say otherwise.
He quickly snapped out of his trance, turning in direction of the sound. Taking minimal note of the birds flying out of the trees protection. Tom quickly moved his feet towards the corridors end, a bad feeling growing in the pit of his stomach.
He struggled against the adrenaline and fear that was spreading throughout his body, making his legs a bit shaky. But alas he trudged on, determined to figure out what had happened.

As if his legs couldn't carry him fast enough Tom finally made it to the end of the stone way and leaned against the stone wall, having difficultly catching his breath...That's when he saw it.

'Oh god..'

(A/N; Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know a lot of you are confused rn, "Who's Dennis?", "Wait, where did he go?" WeLL children, I have a couple things to tell you. Dennis is an original character of mine, I'll post a picture of him sometime so you can understand what I mean when I say ginger and such...AND, don't worry, I'll draw a map out for you guys so you know what the red army base looks like...I'm also editing the first chapter or two because I wrote them a while ago and I'd like to fix some things. I think that's all for now, thanks for reading.) -Swingster

(P.s - I changed the cover)