Part 17

(3rd Person PoV; Main Gate)

    Tord, unwilling to leave his dorm with Tom unattended, marched down through the corridors and to the main gate where he spotted Paul and Patryk, along with several other men. One of them being a tall ginger wearing a uniform of his own, dashed with purples, blacks, and tans even.
    The two leader's eyes met and the call was unmistakable. "Todd!" He smiled, his tone a sickly honey mixed with a newfound dread. Tord soon closed the gap between the two and stuck out his right hand. "Hello Matt. It's Tord, by the way."
    "Oh I know that, silly! How are you?" The ginger took Tord's hand but quickly jerked it towards himself and wrapped the red leader in a tight embrace. A forced exhale was released from the Norwegian. "I'm well, thank you. How about yourself? How's the rebellion holding up?" He asked, pushing away to glance at the battalion of cars behind Matt.
    He quickly turned to his right hand men, "Men, let these soldiers in and feed them dinner. I hope you've already arranged the sleeping bunks." The two nodded and quickly started to walk up to each car, giving directions while pointing.
    With this, the Red Leader gestured for Matt to follow, leading him to the nearest corridor. "They're quite well. I believe they've worked hard in these past months."
    The stone pillars towered high above their heads as they walked. The sun was growing dreary on this cool winters night and the sky was painted with blues and vibrant pinks. It was quite peaceful.
    They stopped mid way into the establishment and began conversation. "So, how's Edd?" Matt asked, a little too excited than what he hoped to show. "Edd? He's good, I think once he sees you though he'll be ecstatic. Haha." Matt let out a laugh. A happy laugh.
    Two of the main doors nearby were thrown open, by non other than Edd. His green hoodie popped from the underneath of his blue uniform and his leather brown boots stopped dead. His eyes were wide and his mouth fell open. The air surrounding was brisk and filled with a new purple color, that seeped into Edd's view.
    He ran, and he ran hard through the corridor and straight into Matt's arms. "Matt!!" He exclaimed happily. The gingers arms weaved tight around the smaller man's torso protectively. Tord stood back as the two held each other close, it had been a long, long time since they'd seen each other. The embrace lasted minutes, and each second, Edd dug his face deeper and deeper into the crook of Matt's neck.
    Eventually, Tord took his chance to leave and left to go back to his dorm.

(1st Person PoV; Edd)

    My hands gripped Matt's ginger locks as I held him close. My nose was in his neck and I was beginning to cry. Unfortunately, he noticed, "Hey.. what's wrong? Haha, I thought you were happy to see me." I laughed thoughtlessly. "But I am! I missed you so much I just- ahah." Hot tears filled my eyes and trailed down my cheeks. I couldn't help it, I was just so happy to see him!
    Matt pushed back a little to look me in my eyes, his beautiful green ones stared into mine, and I was at loss. He slowly kissed my forehead, then my lips, and I held him close. And for a moment. I truly felt complete. "C'mon, I'll show you where we're sleeping.." I said. Feeling the happiness in my voice.

(3rd Person PoV; Tord's dorm)

Tord arrived to his dorm in shock, his hand only mere inches from the handle, from inside his room he heard groans which alerted him. Quickly he unlocked the door and rushed inside.
"Tom?" He asked. He was laying on his stomach and his arms were crossed, one hand resting on his shoulder where he'd been shot. Another groan. He had not yet acknowledged Tord's presence. The red quilt the commie had wrapped him in was thrown off and to the side, somewhat concerning him. Seeing as the room was slightly cooler than usual.
From the side, Tord could see Tom's eyes opening and then wincing close from the places he put his fingers down on his shoulder. "Hey, don't touch it." Tom jolted and sat up at lightning speed, causing him to hunch over and nearly scream from the pain and nausea.
Tord stepped forward, hands out, "Sorry, Sorry, it's just me-" Tom's voice came broken in many parts, "You scared the fuck out of me!" He rasped. Tord gave an apologetic look. Tom sighed and leaned back. "I got your note.." he said. Tord looked at him as he laid his head back on a pillow, rubbing his eyes and groaning.
The leader took a seat on the bed, "And?" Tom stopped. "And. I don't want to ever turn into that... thing, again!" He continued to complain about how much it hurt to transform and how little he had control over himself when he did so.
    "By the way, what the hell did you shoot me with?" Tord laughed and picked his feet up onto the bed. "Cola." Tom looked dumbfounded, "Cola..?" He said blandly.
    "Well- yeah. To get you out of your trance, Pat shot you with cola. An ingredient that triggers your brain into a happy memory. In this case, it was a close friend." He explained.
    "Edd." Tom replied. The communist gave a small 'mhm' before getting up. "Wait- how do you know all of this?" Tord got visibly uncomfortable, his shoulders shuddered and his hands froze. "I- I've just been doing research. I have to-" "bullshit" Tom cut him off, "You created this thing, didn't you?" Silence. "Didn't you?!" He was beginning to get angrier.
    Tord looked to the wall, to the floor, then back at Tom. His eye quacked with uncertainty. Well, here goes. "Yes, I did. I created your monster, I created the tranquilizer, and I'm going to create an antidote." Tom looked at him wide eyed, but not surprised.
    "Antidote?" The Brit asked. "Yes, I'm going to get this stupid cancer out of you." He said quickly.

    "What cancer?"