Part 11

(3rd Person PoV; RA Base)

    Tom sat in a lonely manner on his medical bed, studying the beige stone walls of the infirmary. Taking light note of the small shapes and details carved so preciously inside the material.
    Looking down at himself he only now realized he was wearing a medical gown, a soft blue welcoming his eyes with sweet embrace, along with the darker blue patterns along the gown. That is until it got cut off as his body was confined by a light white blanket that his hands rested upon.
He gave a small 'hm' seeing as one of the surgeons or medics probably slipped him into it after he was done being looked at.
The Brit sank back into the odd comfort of his bed, closing his eyes only for a brief second before the late night's (or early morning's) problematic experience flashed in segments in his mind. Stirring a great surge of fear throughout his body. His eyes struck open like bullets and his breath hitched as he regained his sense of presence.
He ran a soft hand through his dusty brown spikes, feeling a slight discomfort from an IV plugged expertly in his hand. But when he took his hand away form his hair to look at it he was a bit more than surprised to see that instead of a casual green, his veins were now a mix of dark and vibrant purple.
"What the-" he began under his breath, but was soon stopped as he acknowledged the presence of another. It was the nurse he'd seen by his side a few times before. "Oh, h-hello." He greeted. The nurse only nodded in a kind manner and stood by his bed only to scribble down a series of nonsense on her paper.
It wasn't much longer until his ears were filled with her voice, "And how are you feeling right now Thomas? Any pain, discomfort maybe?" Tom only glanced at her and shook his head, "No, and you can call me Tom by the way. I'm not really fond of people using my full name."
"Yes of course, my bad. Do you need anything then, Tom? A drink, maybe some food to help your body a bit?" The Brit only now took notice of his parched and soar throat, "Yes actually, some water, or tea if you have it, would be great." The blonde nodded and walked off, most likely to get him a most desired drink.
He enjoyed having such a kind nurse, much different from the stern doctors he would commonly see in medical related place.
He waited only a few more minutes with a blank mind before a familiar person came back to view with a small paper cup and small food packages in hand. She handed him the cup from which steam arose and placed the small packages upon his bedside. "Thanks." He said, cradling the warm cup in his hands, savoring the comforting warmth that was provided.
    Scenting the familiar herbal tone his mind floated towards his curious side. "So, can you tell me a bit about this place?" She raised a brow slightly, "Well what would you like to know?" She asked. Tom took a small sip from the warm cup, feeling his throat worth itself at last.
    "Anything really." He murmured from the bow of the cup, creating a small and dim echo of his voice. She hummed in return and sat down in a chair to his bedside.
    "Well, the army itself has been around for maybe nine or ten years, and there's plenty of recruits as you can tell." Ten years? Ten?! Tords been keeping this damned secret all that time?!
    "The building however is just about 30, I reckon it was used as a base to a different army before we came. But no one knows for sure, it was just empty when we arrived."
    She talked on and on about the buildings history and Tom soon found that he regretted asking for information. He acted as though intrigued by her knowledge for a time before she started talking about Tord, then his ears really perked.
    "...he's always working around the base, never seems to stop and take a breather if you'd ask me. But I guess that's what you'd expect from a leader when a war's about to break out." Wait what? What war?! "He's even-" Tom stopped her from going any further, "What war? With who?" He asked, urgency arising in his system.
    "I thought you would've been told by now, oh well. We're at the brink of war with the Purple Army, we caught them sneaking undercover soldiers into our base to gather info, and after being confronted they denied it all which made Red Leader absolutely furious."
"But I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up about the Yellow army either, after this morning anyways.." he gave her a questionable look before talking another drink from his tea. "Something? You mean like a war, or..?" She tilted her head. "It's possible, but I doubt he'd start it with everything else that's going on." The only question that ran through Tom's mind was, is it worth that much? Surely the attack wouldn't cause such an outbreak...would it?
"Anyways, I've got to attend to some other patients, I'll check back in later on with you. If you'd like I can tell you more then, but for now I'm out of time." Tom nodded in dismissal.
The nurse soon up and left, leaving Tom alone once again. He began to think of his situation once he was out of the infirmary...that is, if he ever succeeded in doing so. Where would he stay? What was the downtime? And how was he supposed to tend to his wound after all this?
So many questions, such few answers. He assumed he'd just have to ask his nurse later on..