gut feelings

Akane's POV

Do you ever get that feeling that.... something bad is going to happen. And that no matter what you do it's just going to happen. Even if you delay it for a day or even a week. You know... just know that it's going to happen.

Well I'm having that feeling now..... it's not really a good feeling to have. I mean it's like I ate a stone and now it's just weighing me down, not being able to digest it properly. It is after all a stone.

I want to say something but I know that its not going to really help. My brothers already have quite a lot of things on their platter. I don't want to add on anymore.

"Akane!! Come help me help me stitch up teddy. Stupid giant broke it's arms." Wailed kana-nii quickly rushing into my room holding up an armless teddy.

I quietly giggled hugging my brother and grabbing a needle and thread.

Kanato had sat down on my bed swiftly placing me on his lap hugging me from behind, as he watches me fix up his teddy. I snuggled into hug and embraced the comfort and warmth  that he was emitting.

"Ne, Akane?" Kanoto softly asked breaking the comforting silence.

"Hmm."

"You know that your not alone right. And that you can always come to one of us. Right?"

I contemplated on what kana-nee said. It wasn't until a few minutes after that I answered.

" kana-nii is also not alone and that he has everyone on his side... Even though they may not seem so." I said holding up a fixed up teddy to kana-nii and smiling a bright smile.

Kana-nii seemed surprised but smiled back hugging me tightly.

"And I will always be on your side no matter what."

Whispered kana-nii slowly closing his eyes as he fell asleep. I giggled snuggling in with kana-nii falling asleep.

Oblivious to the eyes watching my every move. Waiting for a chance to pounce on their prey.