Chapter 14 - Just Say It

Faith smiled as she brushed through her hair.  Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she observed her cheeks becoming flush.  As she washed her face and brushed her teeth, her mind drifted to Samantha.  She recalled the first time she saw Sam.  At first it was, of course, her long dark hair that fell from her helmet that captured her attention.  Then ... oh my God ... then that smile.  It wasn't just her beautiful chestnut eyes and perfect teeth.  It was the way she smiled. When Sam smiled at Faith, it was like the world paused and it's energy transfered to Faith.

She thought about how the electricity sparked again as she wrapped her arms around Sam on the bike making her hair stand on end and her body feel alive.  Her palms sweating slightly she thought, "What is it about this girl?"

Still smiling and reminiscing the night's activities, she entered her room and flipped on the light. Faith screamed seeing Michelle sitting in the chair at the far corner of the room.

"Jeez Michelle! You scared the shit out of me!"

Michelle spoke through her teeth, "Where the hell have you been?  And don't try to tell me that Breakfast at Jake's took nearly five hours!"

"What's with the Spanish Inquisition? Faith answered half sarcastic, half irritated. "I was offered a ride on a motorcycle to see the sunrise if you must know."

Michelle stood quickly and began to pace the room.

"Nice! While you were out playing with your new friends, I was worried sick!  For all I knew, you could have been lying dead in some alley!" Michelle rattled off.

Faith leaned against the doorway crossing her arms.

"So, if you thought I may be dead in some alley, why are you sitting in my room expecting me to come home?  Wouldn't you come looking for me?"

Stopping to face Faith with a cold stare, Michelle slowly pointed her finger at Faith pausing between each word, "Fuck ... You ... Faith! Don't give me that shit!"

Faith dropped her arms and sat on the corner of the bed with her shoulders bent and sighed.

"You know ... all we ever seem to do if fight anymore.  Maybe we should to take a break?"

Michelle knelt down and gently grabbed Faith's hands and softly said, "No baby.  I'm sorry.  I should have gone with you when you asked.  I just got so worried."

Michelle brought Faith's hands to her lips and gently kissed them.

"Michelle, honey, I'm just so tired of the fighting.  Aren't you?" Faith asked in a breathy tone.

Michelle laid her head on Faith's lap and whispered, "Yes ... I am too."

...................................................

Samantha opened the closet and placed the helmets on the shelf.  She hung her jacket and pulled her phone from the inside pocket.  She opened her contacts.   Samantha stared at the name ... her thumb hovered over the phone.   Sam bit her lip, opened a new text message and began to type.

'Hope you got home alright.  Let me know when a good time is for the Reincheck. I had fun.'

Samantha waved her thumb over 'send.'  She read the text again.  Then again.  She let out a breath trying to find the courage.  Her heart pounded out a rhythm encouraging her to act.

"You gonna do something with that phone or just stare at it?" Dana asked.

"Oh...Hi. I thought you'd be fast asleep."

"Got up to use the bathroom and saw you staring at your phone.  How was the ride?  Considering the time, I'm assuming well?"

Sam's cheeks became warm, "Uh hu." she replied with a smile as she looked at the floor. "You're right.  Faith is pretty amazing ... and easy to talk to."