Chapter 17 - Where Are You?

Dana looked up from the bar and noticed Faith jogging up from her office.  Already displaying a certain panic, Faith's eyes darted from one side of the club to the other.  She curled her arms over her head, her brows furrowed and face slackened.

"Hey Faith. You OK? Did Sam find you?"

Faith advanced toward Dana as she hugged her arms. "Uh hu... You seen her?"

Dana scoured the club and replied, "Last time I saw her, it appeared she was going to find you."

"Damn it!" Faith whispered to herself.  Asking Dana, she inquired, "You don't suppose she went out the back?"

Dana peered out the window. "Oh. There she is... getting on her bike. Huh?... wonder why she didn't say goodbye?" Dana pondered  curiously turning toward Faith to find that she was gone.

Faith rounded the corner of the building as Sam lifted the kickstand and brought her bike to life.  She pushed  back a couple steps as she flicked her wrist, revving the engine.

"Sam!" Faith yelled at the top of her lungs.

Whether Samantha heard her or not, she turned and met the wide eyed sprinter narrowing the gap between them.  She lifted the shield and cleared the tears from her face.  Flipping the shield back over her eyes, Sam reluctantly turned away.

With Samantha's back to her, Faith yelled, "Sam! Wait! Please!?"

Not even ten seconds later, Faith stood alone in the parking lot.  A heaviness overtook her.  When the taillight of the Harley faded into the darkness, Faith finally lifted her shoulders and trudged back inside. 

Having witnessed the scene in the parking lot, Dana poured a club soda for Faith and had it ready at the bar. As Faith dropped onto a barstool, Dana asked, "Uh... do I want to know what that was about? Cause right now, I'm torn between wondering what the fuck you did to Sam to make her leave... and... Feeling for you  because of the face your wearing right now."

"I swear Dana!  All I did was kiss her.  Shit! I mean a lot happened... Oh my God!  No! I mean that nothing really happened.  Jeez!  OK... we kissed."

Dana placed her hand on Faith's, "Listen Faith... whatever it is, Sam really does like you. So, she'll come around.  Did she say anything to you about ... her umm. Nevermind. It's not my place to ask."

"She said a lot of things Dana. But, right now we are about to get busy.  Maybe as we close, I can fill you in."

With that, Faith stood and straightened the collar on her white button-up.  Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm the sea of emotions churning inside.

"OK.  Happy Hour in 20 minutes.  I'm Gonna go freshen up.  Be back in 10."

Giving a sympathetic smile, Dana assured, "Sure thing.  Take your time.  I got this."

"OK.  I'll send Katie up to help for a bit then."

After Faith disappeared to the back, Dana pulled out her phone.  Hey Sam... you ok? I'll bring your stuff home, so no worries. Just text n let me know u r ok.

Having filled Dana in on the conversation she and Sam had earlier, the two walked out of Cahoots.  Faith locked the door and let out a big sigh.

Dana put her arm around Faith.  "I'll let you know if she is home and OK, alright?"

"I've tried to call.  I've tried texting her.  I don't know what else to do."

"Just Breathe...."

So, the two women parted ways, Faith in her car and Dana on foot, having turned down a ride.  She liked walking home after work despite Faith and Samantha expressing concern about walking home in the middle of the night.  But, Dana was confident that, with her Tae Kwon Do training, she could handle herself.  It gave her a chance to settle her mind while walking home.  She was well aware of her surroundings, as she had walked to and from work for over a year now.