Chapter 24 -

A set of arms slowly wrapped around Faith's waist and interlocked their hands at her abdomen. She felt warm breath on her neck. Then a chin lay itself gently on her right shoulder.  Her body relaxed into the embrace. A familiar voice whispered in her ear. "It looks... Amazing! Your mom would be so proud of you Faith."

"Mmm. I really hope so. It's because of her help and encouragement that I even have this place."

Faith held the clipboard to her chest.  After a pause she continued, "You know, it was my mom's idea to throw a special event the Saturday before Halloween. Next to Christmas, it was her favorite Holiday. I think she'd be less surprised than  me to see what it's become."

Faith reflected on the past few weeks and thought to herself... Just two weeks ago, I thought I'd have to turn away so many people. I cant believe Dana and Mags made all this happen in just 14 days.

Faith looked outside at her new event "Cahoots Halloween Block Party."

She continued to recall how Dana and Mags asked for a day away from the club to see what they could do about an idea they had to "fix" the capacity and fire code issues of so many people attending. Reservations had reached three times the capacity of the club.

"I don't know how we're going to solve a capacity issue without buying a new venue... but yeah... go ahead... " she said disenchantedly to Maggie and Dana.

Dana put her hand on Faith's shoulder. "It won't hurt to try. Having too many people interested in coming is a good problem to solve if we can."

When they came back to the club at 6pm all smiles, I knew they had a plan that would now work. This is beyond amazing.

Maggie and Dana had a city permit to close off the entire city block around Cahoots and provide uniformed officers on duty.   A list of off-duty officers was given as well to hire for added security.

Just outside the second set of doors in front was the result of Dana and Mags brainchild. Hay bales and old farm spools served as chairs and tables. A small battery opperated lantern was placed on each spool for lighting. Strings of lights surrounded the DJ booth that'd been moved outside. A large dance floor surrounded by more hay bales finished off the block. Orange hanging lanterns lit the block providing just the right ambiance.

Dana coordinated with Kevin's Fraternity to provide valet parking. The University would run a shuttle to and from campus. Business cards of taxi services and Uber drivers were available at the host stand for others that needed a safe way home.

Faith took a deep breath.  It was here. In less than an hour the Halloween Block Party would begin.

"Not many 29 year olds own their own business, let alone a successful one. I'm sure she is looking down on you and smiling right now." Sam wispered sweetly in Faith's ear.

"You just had to mention how close I am to 30 huh?" Faith teased.  She turned out of Sam's embrace and continued... "Well, at least I'm not that much older than you to be seen as a 'Cougar.' But... you are eight years younger than me."

"Age is just a number. Besides, you two are great together. Fuck everyone else..." Dana chimed in from behind her. Sam gave a raised eyebrow and shoulder shrug in agreement to Dana.

"I need to steal your girlfriend away from you. It's time for the team meeting and last check-in. And... we need to get changed."

Faith took another deep breath. "Duty calls." Faith pressed her lips quickly against Sam's. "Catch you as I can." Faith said as she turned to follow Dana.