Chapter 21 - Girlfriends

Samantha closed her laptop and stretched her arms up in the air as she cracked her neck from side to side. Seeing that it was 8:00pm, she opened a new text.

Finished paper. You busy at the Club?

Not bad. Died down a bit since Happy Hr. Able to work in office on Halloween Bash. Could use a break. Wanna come down?

You trying to make me a night owl?

Maybe??? ;)

Be there in a lil bit :)

Samantha stood in front of the mirror evaluating her appearance. Smoothing out her hair, she smiled to herself. Oh Sam, what are you doing? You have it bad for this one. After brushing her teeth, she applied mascara and figured she didn't want to look like she did too much.

Dana was speaking with customers at their table when Samantha walked in.

"I'll be sure to tell the kitchen... Thanks for coming in tonight. Take care." Dana said as she waved Sam over.

"Hey. What's up?" Sam asked.

Dana threaded her arm through Samantha's elbow and walked toward the kitchen. "Mmm. That was quite the kiss out there earlier. Does this mean things are progressing?"

Taking hold of Dana's hand while her cheeks flushed, Sam accused, "Why miss Dana, I do believe you were spying."

"Well, I need to make sure my girl is doing OK." Dana replied and gave a devilish wink from behind her smile.

Samantha leaned her head toward Dana. "I'm more than OK Dayne... I have a girlfriend."

Dana stopped walking, turned to Sam with a mock look of surprise. "You do??? Tell me about her? Do I know her?"

"Maybe? She's amazing. She owns this Bar and Grill... you might know it... it's called Cahoots?"

"Hmm. Cahoots? Oh yeah! I hear they only hire the best. In fact, I hear they have an awesome manager that works there. You might know her. 5'8", dark blue eyes, light brown hair, makes killer margaritas?"

"Yeah... No! I think I'd remember someone like that." Samantha shrugged her shoulders trying to keep a straight face.

"Well, anyway... Tell me about this girlfriend?" Dana inquired with an exaggerated furrowed brow.

"She's about your height, long blonde hair, gorgeous light blue eyes, athletic body with just the right amount of cleavage and an amazing a... Hey! I was just coming back to see you..." Sam said acknowledging said blonde walking from the back.

"Hey yourself." Faith answered giving Sam a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh? Is this your new girlfriend?" Dana asked still assuming her roll. She reached her hand out to shake Faith's hand. "Hi. I'm Dana, Sam's roommate."

Reluctantly taking hold of Dana's hand, Faith said, "Oookkkaaayyy? Hi? Do I want to know what this is about?"

"I was just telling my roommate here that I have a girlfriend." Samantha stated with a big smile as if she had won the lottery.

Dana smiled at Faith. "I'm told she's pretty amazing. I may have to do a background check to make sure Sam's safe... you never know these days."

Now understanding the roll she was expected to play, Faith exaggeratedly replied, "Indeed! Samantha's lucky to have a friend like you."

"Well, I need to head into the kitchen now and earn my paycheck. My boss is a slave driver."

"Wow! Sounds like a real bitch!" Faith smirked. "Nice to meet you... Dana, was it?" Faith spoke wide eyed.