Chapter 28 - The Gift

Faith sat tapping her thumbs on the steering wheel to the rhythm of a song on the radio.  She then saw a tall sable haired woman exit the building.  She wore a black leather jacket with her hands shoved into the pockets, shoulders hunched from a blast of cool air. A breeze blew the long dark hair across her face. She flipped her head and whipped her hair back to the side.  Faith sat up, full attention now to the figure approaching her car.  Samantha looked at the car. Seeing her girlfriend waiting for her in the driver's seat, she gave a smile that melted Faith every time she saw that smile.  Upon arriving at the car, Sam pulled up on the handle... locked.  

"Umm, babe. The door's locked."

Faith gave Sam a Cheshire grin, "It IS?? Oh... you want to get in huh??"

Sam gave a pouty face, looking over the top of her head. "Yes Faith.  I want to get in.  It's chilly out here baby."

"It may cost ya." Faith teased.

"Jeez. I'll pay. Just unlock the door please you extortionist."

Faith pressed the unlock button, popping up the door locks.  Sam opend the door and as she was about to get in, Faith pressed slightly on the gas causing the car to roll forward just a bit. Samantha let go of the door as it rolled forward.

"Oh My God. You're such a little shit sometimes." Sam said as she got in the car.

Faith simply smiled a playful grin, "But I'm your shit."

Sam leaned over and gave Faith a kiss on the cheek. "That, you are my dear."

As Samantha fastened her seatbelt, Faith cleared her throat, "Uh Umm. I did say it was gonna cost ya didn't I?" giving a wink. "And you did say you were going to pay, right?"

Sam smiled, shook her head and replied to the amused driver.  "Yes. I did say that I'd pay.  What's your price?"

Faith subtly licked her bottom lip and motioned with her pointer finger a "come here" motion. 

"Mmm. Happy to pay that price." 

Sam unhooked her seatbelt, leaned over to her girlfriend and placed a soft kiss on her lips.  The soft texture of Faith's lips sent shivers through Samantha's body.  Faith melted into the kiss. She placed her thumb and two fingers against Sam's jaw and sighed into the kiss.  Faith broke the kiss and placed her forehead against Sam's. "Mmm. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing you."

"Good.  Cause I really like kissing you."

After buckling up once again, Sam let out a deep breath.

"How did it go?"

Samantha looked down at her hands on the lap and began to play with her finger nails. "OK. I have a lot of work to do."  She let out another sigh.

"Faith reached across the armrest and took hold of Sam's hand.  She tipped her head to the side, looked at Sam, and gave her hand a squeeze. "I'm proud of you sweetheart."

"Thanks." Samantha paused and looked out the widow as Faith drove toward Cahoots. "Ya know, when I leave there after an hour, I feel like I've just opened up and ready to start working on some things, and then I'm told time's up.  I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast.  Then I spend the whole rest of the day thinking about what I talked about in therapy.  I know it will eventually help, but Jeez!...  Some times I feel like I walk out of there open and bleeding."

"What do you mean by that baby?"

"By the time I get going... well... it's like... I go in for surgery each time and I get opened up and never stitched back together to prevent from hemorrhaging when I leave."