My Little Kitten (Kuroo Tetsuro x Reader)

[F/C] headphones adorned the young woman's head as she walked through town, her eyes staring straight forward.

Lord knows she should have been in class right now at Nekoma High but really... She couldn't be bothered. School was too simple, it didn't challenge her. So she skipped... A lot. Really, she only showed up for her exams and she always aced them, much to the chagrin of her classmates and teachers. All of them except a few of the students that admired her from afar.

Taking a few random turns, not paying attention to anything but the lyrics blaring in her ears, she stopped and stood in a fairly long line, not noticing the hazel eyes that watched her from a distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking into the club she shouldn't have been able to even get into [F/N] immediately went to the bar. "A Robert Burns please."

The bartender gave her a knowing look before turning to make the drink for her.

"Oh-hoho... My little kitten speaks the language of liquor." A familiar voice practically purred near her ear. "What words do you need to use?"

Casually, [F/N] turned and looked at the bedhead riddled male beside her. "Vaguely yes, though it is enough to get my point across. What are you doing here Kuroo? Don't you have class and volleyball?" She asked the last question in a whisper to keep the bartender from noticing. They had know each other for years though they acted as though they disliked each other. Honorifics had been abandoned years ago.

"Well Kitten, to be honest, I could be asking you the same question." Those hazel cat eyes watched her closely, both with playful curiosity and as a predator would watch its prey.

"You know damn well why I am here, stop playing coy." She said a bit more sharp than she had actually intended. She had a very strong dislike for people who feigned ignorance just to look cute. Being an idiot was not attractive... At all.

"Well, well... Someone is all kinds of wound up." He purred as he looked at her, smirking.

"Oh my God, you actually think you are attractive like that." She said faking a gag. "Do ladies usually fall for those lines or were you just hoping I would be that easy?" She thought he was extremely good looking but he also struck her as the fuck'em and dump'em type of guy more recently and that wasn't the kind of life she wanted.

Kuroo looked at her, easily hiding his pain behind that intense gaze of his. It was his own fault she saw him that way of course, but like an idiot he wanted to keep up his image. At the same time, he was very concerned about her... She wasn't the type of girl that should be left alone in a club. "Come on, I have a volleyball match.... Come with me and cheer me on." He said hoping to get her out of the club.

[F/N] shook her head as she took the shot of golden brown liquid in front of her and stood. "Sorry Kuroo I can't. Best of luck though." With that brief response, [F/N] disappeared into the sea of sweaty hormonal bodies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kuroo, is something wrong with you?" The fairly bored voice of Nekoma's setter, Kenma Kozume, cut through the tension in the air. Their practice match was against Fukurōdani Academy and Kuroo hadn't managed to receive, block, or spike tonight.

"It's [F/N]... I am worried about her." He said, eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the clock once again. He was really hoping he was just being a worry wart. Surely she had made it home by now.

"If you are that worried called her." Bokuto said, his arms crossed over his chest. "This easy victory is no fun." He said pouting.

Kuroo jogged over to his duffle bag and looked down at his phone. He just needed to know that she was alright.