Loud and Soft (Nishinoya Yuu x Shy!Reader)

This oneshot was requested by Pinkblossom323, I am so sorry it took so long. My job is so busy during the summer so I wasn't able to get it finished sooner but it is here now!!

She was everything he wasn't... Quiet, reserved, and attentive to her studies... She was perfect, the way the sun reflected off her-

"Nishinoya-kun." Their teacher's displeased voice cut through his daydream.

"Gomennasai sensei." Nishinoya called out bowing his head, earning snickers from the rest of the class.

A girl in the back frowned and hid behind her [H/C] hair. She wished she could get people to stop teasing him or laughing at him in general but every time she would try to say something, her words would catch in her throat and nothing would come out.

Nishinoya glanced over and blinked. He was confused [F/N] had her head down with her face hidden behind her hair, her hands balled up into fists.

'[L/N]-chan... What's wrong?' He thought to himself. He hated seeing her in distress and he hated even more not knowing what was causing her to behave like that.

"Sensei? Please... I'm not feeling well, may I go to the nurse?" [F/N]'s soft voice cut through the quiet room, her face still hidden.

"Yes of course." The teacher said holding the hall pass out for the poor girl as she hurried from the room.

Nishinoya watched as she disappeared from sight, growing more concerned. Immediately, he looked at the kids that said around her with his intimidating aura but none of them seem to be paying any attention. Nishinoya sighed a bit and decided then and there that he needed to talk to her finally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rolling... Thuuuuuuuuuunder!" Nishinoya yelled as he dove forward connecting with the volleyball, before rolling across the floor and jumping to his feet.

Hinata praised him for the millionth time during practice but for once Nishinoya wasn't listening. His eyes were glued on the gym door and the [H/C]-headed girl that was poking her head in.

"Can we help you?" Coach Ukai asked as he approached the girl.

When she spoke she was so nervous that the words came out barely is a whisper.

"I'm sorry? I'm afraid I didn't catch that." The blonde coach said as he got closer.

[F/N] bowed lowly. "Please, I need to speak with Nishinoya-san!" She spoke a bit louder than she had intended to do to her flustered state.

The team turned to look at Nishinoya as he hurried over to the girl. His cheeks were tinted pink but if he had a tail it definitely would have been wagging 90 miles an hour.

"Come on [L/N]-chan. Let's step outside." Nishinoya said smiling widely.

[F/N] nodded and slipped back out as Nishinoya followed her and shut the door behind him. "What's up?" He asked as casually as he could to hide how fast his heart was beating.

"Well..." She said toying with the hem of her skirt. "First, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry."

Nishinoya rose and eyebrow. "Wait... What do you have to be sorry about?" He asked highly confused by her behavior.

"I never say anything when people laugh at you in class... I always want to, you don't deserve it... But when I try the words won't come out." She said looking down obviously upset with herself.

Nishinoya frowned, that had to have been what was upsetting her so much in class. "[L/N]-chan... Don't be so hard on yourself. I like how shy and quiet you are. Besides..." He grinned at her and jabbed his thumb into his chest. "I'm supposed to protect you. Don't worry about me or our classmates. I am Karasuno's guardian deity... If I can protect my team I can take care of you just fine."

[F/N] just kind of stared at him. "Nishinoya-san..."

"It's Yuu." He said softer. "You don't need to be so formal with me..."

[F/N] watched him lightly for a moment before nodding. "Alright... Yuu... Did you just... Confess to me?" She asked curiously.

Nishinoya faltered a moment and fell completely silent. "Well I mean... I... Yeah I did." He said, his cheeks a bright shade of red.

[F/N] was silent moment as she let everything sink in. One of the coolest and loudest guys in the entire school had just confessed to probably the quietest and nerdiest girl in the world... What was she supposed to do?

The longer she was quiet the more worried Nishinoya became. "[L/N]-ch-." He started only to be cut off by the excited girl.

"I like you too Yuu. That's why I want to stop people from making fun of you! You are so happy-go-lucky and loud... You are fun to be around, even if sometimes you do look like you're a little bit of a delinquent." She said giving him a bright smile. "That... Was actually the second thing I wanted to tell you." She said feeling shy again as she rocked back and forth from the ball of her foot to her heel.

Nishinoya smiled and grabbed her forearms pulling her to him as he pressed a kiss to the corner of her lips before he wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

[F/N] smiled, it had caught her off guard but she quickly relaxed in his arms. He smelled like sweat and cedar but for some reason it was a nice scent... relaxing. There was nothing strong or overpowering to it. "Well... I really should let you get back to practice. I certainly shouldn't have intruded like that. I just wanted to talk to you before I headed home." She said softly as she shuffled her feet a bit.

"Or you could stay and watch me practice and then I could walk you home." Nishinoya said his chocolate colored eyes brimming with hope.

[F/N] blinked at the sudden invitation but after a moment nodded. How could she say no to that face?

Nishinoya took her hand without a word and tugged the door open causing the team on the other side to tumble out in front of them. "Uhm..." [F/N] stared at the pile of boys confused.

Tanaka was the first to stand in dust himself off. "It was Tsukkishima's idea to eavesdrop. I was trying to stop them."

The blonde beanpole leaning up against the wall clicked his tongue. "Don't pull me into your idiotic plan. It was your idea to try to spy on your friend."

Nishinoya stared at his friends and teammates not sure what to do or say until he heard the most beautiful sound in the world.

To his right, [F/N] was giggling at the behavior and state of the Karasuno Volleyball Club. "It's nice to meet all of you. I am [L/N] [F/N]."

"My girlfriend." Nishinoya interjected so none of the other guys would try to take her away.

Of course he had nothing to fear because the girl at his side would never leave.