To have her please just one day wake(Roy Mustang x Reader)

So the song I included above was the song I used for this song fic. Listening to the song while reading may induce more feels. I am not responsible for any sobbing, crying, screaming, or aching hearts. This is your warning... It is angsty.

Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man
With my three wishes clutched in her hand

Colonel Roy Mustang glance the sleeping woman in the back of his car draped in his military jacket. Her name was [F/N] Bradley and she was the adopted daughter of Fuhrer King Bradley and his wife as well as the adopted sister of Selim Bradley. Much like her mother, she had no idea about her father and brother being tied to the homunculi and now she was being pulled away from her home in the dead of night because as a very talented alchemist they had reason to believe that Father would use her as a sacrifice.

The first that she be spared the pain
That comes from a dark and laughing rain
When she finds love may it always stay true
This I beg for the second wish I made too

Roy would never tell anyone of the feelings he harbored for his newest recruit nor could he bring himself to tell her who her father really was. He couldn't bear the thought of being the one to have her tears and blood on his hands. He just wanted her happy and alive.

"Colonel? If you keep up with that face that it might get stuck that way. What's got you so... Blah anyway?" A female's voice called to him from nearby.

Roy managed to break himself out of his dark thoughts and look over at the [E/C] eyes he wanted to have only ever look at him. "We are on the cusp of a civil uprising. Of course I am blah as you so kindly put it."

[Y/N] shook her head. "No that's not it... You've been acting really weird lately and I am going to figure out what is wrong sooner or later Colonel. I know I'm just a civilian but I can still help you know." The young woman said as she stood and headed out of the office.

To have her please just one day wake

[Y/N] hadn't heard from her father in a while now and it had her growing more and more concerned while Colonel Mustang just kept watching her wishing that she would somehow figure out what her father was and how evil he actually had become.

"I can't just keep sitting here! My dad and brother could be dead... I have to go find them!" [Y/N] said finally breaking.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that." [Y/N] whipped her head around and looked at the male she'd grown so close to, a look of betrayal and shock on her face.

"And why not Colonel?" She asked snapping at him a bit.

"Because if the Fuhrer was attacked, the civil unrest will turn to war faster and you will likely be a target. So please... Stay here so that we can help protect you." Roy said forcing himself to remain calm.

[Y/N] sighed, there really was no arguing with that logic... He had a very good point.

Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man
With my three wishes clutched in her hand

Roy looked at Maria Ross. "Keep an eye on [Y/N]. If we can manage to keep her away from them even just for today then I think she can survive this." He glanced over at the resting form hidden under a mountain of blankets and pillows. "I might not be able to make it back but there's no reason for her to die too." He said rather calmly before leaving.

After he was gone Maria Ross sighed with relief and flop down on the pile of blankets. [Y/N] wasn't there, she had snuck out hours ago to learn the truth for herself.

"Sorry colonel... That's one order I'm afraid I will be unable to obey." Maria Ross muttered to herself.

The first that she be spared the pain
That comes from a dark and laughing rain
When she finds love may it always stay true
This I beg for the second wish I made too

"So Wrath huh? Seems to be a very fitting name for you." Roy said standing in front of Fuhrer King Bradley.

"It would fit you just as well Mustang after everything you did Ishval." The other male said knowing it would push Mustang's buttons to bring up the dark past.

"I am nothing like you homunculus..." Roy said making sure the others were behind him so they wouldn't be hurt in the fight that he knew was about to go down.

"No... Of course not... Your feelings for my daughter are very different from mine." Wrath said smirking at Mustang.

"You have no right to call her that!" Roy yelled before snapping his fingers.

But wish no more
My life you can take

Roy Mustang the famous flame Alchemist and hero of the Ishvallan Civil War stood breathing heavily and holding his side as he watched Wrath with cold eyes. "You aren't going to win. I refuse to perform human transmutation and Fullmetal will take care of the father guy."

"Don't you understand Mustang? I don't need you. I have another alchemist I can get ahold of who would do anything in the world to save you. I raised her to be completely and utterly self-sacrificing." Wrath said calmly though he was hurt from the fight.

Roy immediately turned wanting to give Hawkeye order as Wrath took the opening and rushed him.

To have her please just one day wake

Roy faltered hearing a gentle drip behind him. He got a terrible sinking feeling in his gut and spun around.

Standing between him and Wrath was [Y/N] a red stain spreading across her shirt.

Wrath scowled before roughly pulling his sword from her abdomen. "Stupid girl."

Slowly [Y/N] sank to her knees coughing up blood. "You... Lose." She muttered as she fell back into Roy's awaiting arms.

"[Y/N]!" Roy yelled holding her close. "Don't you dare die on me. That is an order!"

[Y/N] gave the tiniest laugh she could muster already choking on her blood. "Go on Colonel give him hell for..."

"[Y/N]? [Y/N]!" Roy let out of pain yell as he held her tightly. "Please... Wake up. Don't leave me here."