Dear Ezran (Dragon Prince/Dear Theodosia)

I posted this fic on the Dragon Prince Animo first. It was written as a part of a Dragon Prince Hamilton crossover prompt, and it won third place. Sorry it's so short compared to my other work.

Runaan looked down at the small sleeping elf as he carried her to her room, he felt a sense of pride filling him as he tucked her into bed. Moving her hair out of her face, he reflected on the days events.

Rayla's parents both died leaving their young daughter in the care of her uncle, Runaan. She looked so much like her father and was named after her mother, Runaan's sister. She had been crying as she clung to his legs, breakingly assassin's heart to easily. It was that moment he vowed to do everything he could to ensure that she had a wonderful life even if he wasn't good with domestics.

The first time she smiled at him, he felt his world unravel. It felt like everything he had done up to this point had been wrong, even if he had been so sure in his motives and actions.

Rayla would grow up while her uncle led the assassins, trying to change the course of Xadia's future. Each drop of blood he shed would be for her world. As he fought he would be righting the wrongs done to her until the time came to train her and give her the organization he had perfected for her and she would surpass him, some day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Harrow smiled down at his smiling and babbling son, "Ezran when you smile, you break down all my walls and defenses, my son." He said to the infant in his arms. "I always thought you would be my pride and joy but you are so much more than that." He walked with his son to the nearby window and looked out at the sunrise. "Ezran, you out shine the morning sun, my son."

Harrow had thought he had been so smart up to this point but the war with the elves seemed foolish now, would it affect his son's future? His father had never been around for him as a child making Harrow decide nothing was more important than finding a way to make peace with the elves so nothing would stop him from being around for his son. All he cared about was making the world safe for Ezran.

It upset him that Ezran would most likely come to age with all of the fighting and conflict but if he had his way he would train Ezran to be a compassionate ruler and then Ezran would have the foundation to fix everything and become the king that even Harrow couldn't be. Some day.