Legends Never Die (Roy Mustang x Reader) Pt 2

This story will be written a little differently than normal. Since part one was only supposed to be the 1 part, I'm going to have part 2 as a 'choose your own ending'. This means you get to decide if the reader lived or died. Each ending will be roughly 500 to 600 words since I am doubling the amount of effort I'm putting into it. It was requested by M€®®¥ on Anime Amino.

Ending One: The Reader Died

Roy frowned staring up at the sky, tears threatening to fall once again. How long had it been? How long had he been kneeling by [Y/N]'s grave alone, while guilt ate away at him?

If only he had told her the truth and stressed to her why she needed to stay away... then maybe she would be alive and beside him right now instead of this cold gray headstone. But he had been selfish and didn't tell her and now he had lost her forever.

Roy broke down and sobbed into his hands as he rested against the gravestone solemnly. "No amount of suffering I could inflict on Bradley would have been enough." He said to the headstone. "And nothing I do can make up for what I did to you. You were young, talented, and intelligent. I took everything from you... but I at least have something I can give you in return. I give you my life. Never again will I love another, I simply can't after never telling you how I felt. Never again will I sit idly by with important information. If I can right an injustice or bring someone peace with anything I know, I will. But most importantly [Y/N], I will live for you. I won't allow myself to waste away in a pool of self pity. I will live on, fight on, for you." He said wiping his eyes. "I promise I will visit often." He said leaving the cemetery in silence.

Over the course of Roy's life, he kept all of his promises to [Y/N]. He never did fall in love again nor did he have meaningless relations. He dedicated himself, in a healthy manner, to work. He became the fuhrer that both [Y/N] and Hughes had known he could and repairing the relations between Ishbal in Amestris. Never again did he hide information from people it would benefit. And now he was laying on his deathbed in his late nineties, pleased with what he had done and who he became.

"[Y/N]". He said to an empty room as he stared at the door. "I knew you would be the one to bring me home when the time came." He said giving a happy smile. "Did I make you proud?" He asked before a coughing fit took him. Once he was able to breathe again he smiled and held his hand out to nothing. "I'm glad. Let's go home my love."

Enough time passed for someone to walk from the door to the side of his bed before his hand dropped and the heart rate monitor flat lined.

'Welcome home Colonel Mustang.'

Ending Two: The Reader Lived

A soft noise escaped [Y/N]'s dry and cracked lips as she weakly opened her eyes, lifting her hand in a sluggish manner to shield her face from the bright lights bouncing off the pure white walls in the small room she was laying within. Very carefully she stood and looked around the room, noting a vase full of day old [F/F] nearby.

Slowly she made her way to the door and poked her head into an almost silent hallway. "A hospital?" She asked herself softly as her bare feet pattered against the cold hard floor. "Hello?" She called softly before trying to think of what had happened to bring her there.

"Quick call Fuhrer Mustang!" A nurse called behind her as she quickly approached [Y/N].

[E/C] eyes glazed over as everything came rushing back to her the moment her father's title and crush's name were mentioned.

××××× Flashback [Y/N]'s POV×××××

'I know I heard Roy's voice this way.' [Y/N] thought to herself as she crawled silently through the ventilation system. 'I need him to give me answers. I just know somehow my father and brother had a part in the homunculus plan I want to know what it was. Roy knows something but he's not telling me.'