Hamtuber (Hamilton Youtuber AU)

I am entering a contest on the Hamilton amino where they are having a art off for a Hamilton Youtuber Au. My prompt was Philip Hamilton as Markiplier.

Philip took a deep breath as he got everything set up for another damning session. He was still in total shock that anyone actually enjoyed watching him scream at his computer like a little girl while playing horror games. All right Philip. Let's do this! He pumped himself up before turning on his reporting software and the brand new game.

"Hello everybody, my name is Hamiplier and welcome to The Evil Within, another Triple A horror game much like Alien Isolation that came out during Halloween time with the intent to scare the pants off of me. And I am very much ready to roll." He said as he clicked new game. "Now, that might seem like a high brightness but actually I cannot see the middle thing in there so I'm gonna go forward with the- Oh hello. Well then, for the weak and fearful, welp that sounds like me but I'm gonna go with standard difficulty for now. Just so I can see what I'm getting myself into. Now I don't know how much the mouse is going to be in there if you can even see it. But I am using a game pad for this one because I heard it was better designed to be used with this instead of the mouse and keyboard so I'm gonna give it a try." He fell silent as the opening cinematic began to play on his screen causing him to tense up a bit.

"Ooh, that's pretty." He exclaimed after just a few seconds. He grinned spotting a character that looked a lot like him. Yup, that was going to be his new favorite character. He got even more excited as the game pad in his hand began to rumble he looked at the camera and gave his signature grin. "This is going to be fun. When I heard about this game I really got Outlast vibes from it because it seems to take place in a hospital setting and obviously the intro." He said before all too easily getting distracted by dialog as his fans were so used to seeing from him.

"So like I said, this is made by the developers of the original Resident Evil series… or at least the main developer guy from that series. But he made this with the intent of making a really visceral, gritty, horror experience which is something I am really looking forward to."

Immediately he dove into the game highly disturbed by the scenes playing out in front of him though also intrigued by the characters and the confusing plot line.

He had to admit, the amount of stealth necessary to play this game was a bit rough especially since he normally tried to thoroughly search the map for goodies. One wrong step here would kill him and send him back to the last save point and frankly that was just obnoxious.

He grew particularly frustrated when he couldn't seem to find things in plain sight or when Jojo became too much to handle, like right now…

"Jojo could you axe them a question or two?" Phillips asked as he ran from the infected people near the tower climbing a ladder to try to make a strategy. Philip felt relieved as he found an enemy facing away from him up there and tried to sneak up on him. Not having any ammo made this extremely stressful. His heart began pounding as he watched Jojo slip past Sebastian and had right for the enemy. "Jojo? Jojo. Jo!!! Jo! Jo." As Joseph ran back over with an agony bolt sticking out of his head, Philip began to laugh. "I'm impressed. I only had to fill you two blips."

"Jojo, I think I'm going to have to fire you." "There is someone behind me Jojo, I expect you to take care of it." "Stop whining you're barely dead."

Phillips stomach dropped when he saw Joseph hanging from a bridge. "What? Oh… no!?! Are you kidding me?!? I am not going to help you Jojo. If you end this game for me, I will be so mad." His voice cracked several times as he tried and failed to stay calm.

"This is getting tough." Philip heard Jojo say as he ran around looking for the final guy. "Yeah, I know it's getting tough." The screen panned back to Joseph falling from the bridge marking a game over. "Jo??? No!" He cried as he pulled on his hair. "If..." As the screen went black he screeched.  "Oh you piece of- Oh!! Jo!!! You piece of- Jo! I'm so mad at you Jojo!"

After that, and having to play another 15 or 20 minutes to catch backup to that point, Philip decided it was in his best interests to focus on keeping his companions alive even if they were really annoying and useless.

After a while, Leslie was far from sitting still. He would run away from everyone that tried to get close to him and Ruvik was making himself more known meaning Philip had to be getting close to the end of the game. Battles were more difficult and often resulted in his death but Philip was definitely finding all of this rather enjoyable. The story was unfolding but he still had tons of questions.

"Are you not entertained?" He yelled while waiting for his next enemy to exit the doors in front of him. "Are you not entertained?!? Is this not what you came for?!" Sometimes Philip forgot entirely that he was recording for other people to watch and would shout randomly at the characters on the screen. "You wanna mess with me?! You wanna mess with Hamiplier?"

"Oh! I have a theory!! Oh!!!" He yelled while clapping. "I have a theory! Ruvik … isn't himself anymore." He said really trying to put his thoughts into words that everyone would understand. "Ruvik … wants one of us to get out so that he can take over on of us? Is that what we are dealing with here?"

Philip found himself raging more and more as he passed into chapter 12 and the Ruvik clones and the boxhead man made more frequent appearances. After escaping the building full of the clones and narrowly avoiding boxhead, Philip found himself following after Kidman who strangely enough had Leslie in tow. "What is she after? Did we find Leslie? No we didn't, she found Leslie. So... That's good?"

Philip smiled at the camera, "I will admit, even though I get frustrated by this game it's still a lot of fun. Like, some of the things are glitchy but it's a well put together game." He said happily as he began rambling on and on about the environment and ambience of the game. The creep factor it held made him happy. That was until he stepped outside. He gasped at the sudden atmosphere change that started with the cinematic. "Woah, it's pretty in there!" He said squealing a bit like a fangirl. "It's so colorful and playful. I want to go there!"

Philip smiled as he watched how much Leslie's character had developed over nearly 13 chapters and watched the interaction between Kidman and Leslie until his heart shattered watching Kidman pull a gun on him. "No!" He cried not wanting to see the character die. He stared at the cinematic watching the full thing before slamming his controller down and walking away from his computer. "Nope. Screw that. That's a bunch of BS! I hate this game, I hate Kidman, and I hate myself… 18 hours… wasted!" Philip could be heard ranting in the background of the video before it cut off.

He never did go back to see the ending