Astraphobia (Alois Trancy x Reader)

Astraphobia, also known as astrapophobia, brontophobia, keraunophobia, or tonitrophobia, or nicaduranaphobia, is an abnormal fear of thunder and lightning, a type of specific phobia.

[Y/N] heard a loud clap of thunder and jerked awake, looking around her room. She was staying as a guest at the Trancy estate, trying to help promote goodwill between the 2 houses. What she did not count on was the rough storm now raging outside and it's ability to keep her from getting the proper about of sleep for the business talks tomorrow. The rain shook the thin windows as it came down, relentlessly, in sheets.

"Claude!" The frightened voice of a young man called through the cold darkness, he sounded like he was on the verge of tears. "Claude?!" The voice became more panicked as Claude did not arrive immediately.

That's when the heartbreaking sound of tears filled her ears. [Y/N] stood, forgetting that she was in only a [F/C] dressing gown from when Hannah had accidentally ruined her nightgown, and headed out into the dark hall, following the sound of sobs until she was outside of Alois' room. She knocked gently.

"Claude! You're late!" Alois sounded so frightened and alone.

Gently, [Y/N] opened the door. "I apologize my lord, I am not Claude. The storm outside woke me and I heard your distress. I... came to see if there was anything I could do to help you."

Before Alois could scream at her or ask her to leave, there was another clap of thunder and the lightning illuminated the room letting her spot Alois curled into the fetal position on his bed. His hands were clasped over his ears and his icy blue eyes were wide with fear as tear streaked his face.

The sight was devastating for [Y/N] who, despite what most people called him, believed he was an angel. She knew now what was wrong at least. She strode across the room quickly and lit a few candles before pulling the heavy curtains to blocking out the sight of the lightning before going to his bedside.

Alois narrowed his eyes at her as he sat up, giving a half-assed attempt to glare at the young woman as he braced himself, waiting for her to mock him or make fun of him. Neither reaction ever came.

Carefully, [Y/N] pulled a blanket up over his head and climbed onto the bed behind him wrapping her arms around him tightly. "It's all right my lord. The storm sounds frightening but it wouldn't dare harm an angel like you." She said as she felt the very tense boy slowly relax in her grip. After about 20 minutes, she began to think that he had fallen asleep sitting up and began to release him only to have a cold hand close roughly around her wrist.

"No!" Alois screamed at her causing her to jump out of her skin. She had never heard him act like this before and it made a bit more sense as to why no one wanted her to go here but… he still sounded so broken to her. "Why would you try to leave me alone during a storm? Do you hate me [Y/N]? Do you like hearing me cry?"

"No of course not Alois. I merely thought you had managed to fall asleep and thought it would be wise for me to go to sleep as well since we have a busy day tomorrow." She said softly, sad that he had thought about her like that. She hadn't done anything to make him feel that way.

"You can sleep here tonight. You aren't leaving me." His voice sounded so final but he looked at her out of the corner of his eye like he was begging her to stay there knowing damn well she wasn't like Claude, he couldn't force her to do anything.

[Y/N] nodded pulling him down with her, keeping her arms around him from behind. "Alright Alois. Try to get some sleep my lord." She whispered before falling into a light sleep.

Alois felt her gentle breathing against his back and smiled ever so slightly. He couldn't remember the last time anyone had treated him with such kindness or touched him so lightly but it was such a nice feeling... He didn't want morning to come.