Chapter 8

I know they say not to wear black at a funeral, but I wasn't going to wear bright pink was I?

Quickly I made my way out the door and headed to the funeral by the taxi that was waiting outside. The journey was quick and depressing. Not only because I was alone, but because I was attending my best friend's funeral. 

The taxi dropped me off outside of the church and there were gravestones scattered around the area. I looked at the time on my watch and hurried over to the group of people in black. Some stared, some gave me a welcoming nod and that was all. 

I stood there watching his casket being lowered, knowing that there was an angel in there. There were sobs and even wails of the family and even I found it hard to hold in the tears. A hand suddenly joined mine, which caused me to let out tears in my eyes, as I looked at the owner of the hand. It made me smile, but then I looked back at watching him go. 

"Sorry I was late," he started. "I just got let out and-" I cut him off with a tight squeeze of his hand and then let go as if I was releasing all of my emotions.

"It's fine." I responded, dull. "I'm just going to look over here." I said and walked off without a peak back. I made my way to another gravestone and stared at it for a while. It read: Fiona Fowler, a caring mother and wife. 1967-2007.

I couldn't cry any more, but I felt as if my heart was being torn from my chest while beating still. 

"He talked about you a lot." A deep voice startled me. I turned to a young man in his early twenties and he had swollen cheeks. My instincts had a guess of who he was. 

I nodded. "You're Leon's brother." I guessed, and he nodded straight after. He stared down at what I had been reading, then automatically put his arms around me. I backed away instantly. "Thank you." I said, trying to walk off, but his hand gripped my wrist. 

"It was nothing. Just comforting you." He replied back, as I tried to pull my hand away. I turned to look over at where Namjoon was, but for the first time, he wasn't there. He was always there. 

"Let go." I asked simply, hoping to get the same feel back. He didn't let go or even loosen his grip at all. 

"He used to tell me how you were going to buy his the biggest birthday present anyone could ever imagine." He pushed. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for him. This is to get back at me isn't it?" I asked, trying to prove that I had no fear, but it turns out that I didn't know myself. A sudden light caught my eye, then It happened. 

FLASHBACK

I backed against the wall, gritting my teeth and clenching on to my sweaty fists. "Is it m-m-money that y-you want?" I spluttered, squinting my eyes as a fist came travelling to my direction. I didn't receive my usual punishments this time. 

I heard a grunt and automatically opened my eyes to find two crying boys on the floor. One was a nightmare and the other, I didn't recognise. 

"S-stay -b-bac-ack" The boy sobbed, struggling to maintain his words. My eyes widened and that was when I woke up from that scary memory. 

...

I moved around a little, trying to catch my balance. Then two hands straightened me upright. I looked ahead at the blury face and found the same guy who I didn't want to see, but I guess I didn't have much of a choice. "I've got you." In my mind, he mumbled. Then my vision became clear and I quickly backed away. Another two hands grabbed me firmly from behind, as I turned around in shock to find Namjoon giving deathly stares ahead of him. 

"Get you hands off my girlfriend!" He raised his voice, pushing me aside. 

"Relax" He backed away. "I was just-"

"Don't test me." Namjoon replied, taking my hand instead and walking away with me. I felt as if I was just saved by superman. Luckily he didn't exchange punches with him. Boy, I wonder how that would have gone down. Namjoon and I were now far away from everyone when he stopped to ask if I was okay. I replied with a faint look. 

"Just a little dizzy is all." I replied, being swept off of my feet by Namjoon and as if I were a bride, carried romantically. 

"Poor baby, you must be so tired." He spoke softly, as I wrapped my arms around his neck and got comfortable. "I'll take you home."

Sorry for how long it's been but here you go. If you liked it, don't forget to VCF!!