~ Chapter 16 ~

I  woke up in the middle of the night and I was suddenly cold. I had woke up to another bad dream. That seemed to be another thing to add to my routine. 

Jin always told me to call him when I needed him. As much as I needed him right now, I was too scared to move. I tried to reach out for the landline which had Jin's number saved already. Eventually I managed to reach it. I dialled Jin's number and it started to ring,

Within seconds, Jin picked up. 

KIBA: Hello Jin? 

JIN: Kiba? What's wrong?

KIBA: I had a nightmare and could do with a bit of company. I hope you don't mind.

JIN: Not at all. I'll be over in ten minutes. Stay safe Kiba. 

The line went dead and I hid underneath the blanket that was covering me. Usually I would be able to call over Takeshi and he would rock me to sleep. It sounds childish just thinking about it, but it was still a memory that got to me whenever I couldn't sleep.

Within minutes, I heard the door open. 

"Jin?" He came rushing in and started to pour some water into a glass for me. He handed me the glass gently, as I came out from the blanket. I grabbed the glass and gulped hard on each swallow. 

"Are you alright?" He asked with curiosity.

"Better now you're here."

He smiled. 

"I'll always be here Kiba. Don't you worry!" He held my hand and gave me a warm smile.

"I'm really tired." I moaned.

He moved closer to me and tucked me warm in the blanket. He sat down on the floor next to me and held my hand, while I slowly fell asleep. 

JIN POV

Kiba called me, so I jumped up from the bed and stretched. She was my first priority. I looked over at my alarm clock and saw that it said '03:00AM' , but it was her so I slipped on a jacket and ran out to my car.

It only took me two minutes to get to her and I already had a key so I could just get in on my own. 

I could see her hiding underneath a blanket. She looked really scared, so I quickly made her a glass of water. We talked for a few seconds until she said that she was really tired. My first instincts were to wrap her up warm and hold her hand to sleep. So I did.

Eventually I became quite tired myself and ended up falling asleep on the floor next to her, holding her hand all night.

~

Then next morning, we both woke up to a knock at the door. I yawned and went to answer to the door. I saw a familiar face. It was my father. 

"What are you doing here dad?!" I raised my voice.

"I came to deliver a package for Mr. Fowler. Idiot!" He hit my arm and handed me a package. Then he walked away to the house next door. I walked back in the room, kicking the door shut behind me. 

Kiba was laying awake on the couch so I handed her the package. 

"For Mr.Fowler." 

KIBA POV

I woke up the sound of knocking and saw the Jin had been asleep on the floor all night. He went to the door and came back in thirty seconds with a package.

"For Mr.Fowler." He read and handed me the package. I ripped open my brother's parcel and took out its package. It was a big hoodie that had my name written along it. It made me tear up a bit, then I rolled it back up and gave the package back to Jin. 

"Please put that in the kitchen." I asked demanding him.  

He nodded and did what I had asked him to do. 

He came back in with an apologetic look on his face. "I'm really sorry Kiba. That was unprofessional of me to fall asleep like that. It won't happen again."

I couldn't help, but laugh a little when he sounded so sorry. 

"Jin. Are you serious? It's fine." I chuckled, which made him look like a bit of an idiot, but he laughed with me too. 

"Can I get you something for breakfast?" He changed the subject.

"No, it's fine. I'm not really feeling hungry." I smiled.

ENDING IT HERE WITH A CASUAL ENDING.