~ Chapter 21 ~

I was falling.

Falling from a height.

I couldn't do anything but fall.

I tried to scream but no words would come out.

Then I hit the ground and woke up in my bed.

I panted hard. I haven't been in this bed for a long time and to wake up like that in my first night back in, was horrible.

Usually I had a routine with Jin. When I have nightmares, I call him and he'll come up whatever time is.

Hmm...I wonder...

I dialled Jin's number from the phone on the bedside table because by now, I had remembered his number without even thinking. 

The phone rang almost all the way through and then he picked it up.

JIN: What?

KIBA: I-

JIN: Had a nightmare?

KIBA: ...yeah...

JIN: And? 

KIBA: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called.

JIN: Wait.

KIBA: Huh?

JIN: I'm sorry for leaving you like that.

KIBA: Don't worry about it. I guess this will be our last time in contact.

JIN: Huh?

KIBA: You're leaving. Plus, we'd never meet up again. Why would you want to?

JIN: I- I don't know what to say.

KIBA: Just leave it. Bye Jin.

JIN: Don't go. I'm coming up.

KIBA: You're coming-

Jin hung up the phone, leaving me somewhat confused and somewhat happy. 

I just stared at the ceiling with a smile on my face. 

I thought I'd lost him.

~

The door swung open and I could hear and feel heavy footsteps coming up. Jin came through my door and walked over to my bed and sat down beside me. 

He looked at me and I looked at him. 

"Thanks." I smiled.

He nodded in response.

At that moment, I felt as if I was going to be sick. 

"Jin! I'm going to be sick!" I yelled.

He quickly helped me up off the bed and carried me over to the toilet, where he held my hair back, while I was sick.

"T-thank you." I said.

"Don't worry. Are you okay?" 

I was about to respond, but more sick came up. I turned around and was sick some more. Still, he held my hair back.

I thanked him so much.

~

That early morning, we both lied awake on my bed. 

We both were staring at the ceiling and just talking in the dark room. 

"Do you have to leave?" I asked.

"I like You Kiba. I have to leave, otherwise I won't be able to cope with not having you."

I frowned.