Chapter One

liyla Pov

My name is Liyla. I'm 16 years old. I live with my drug addicted step dad and my sometimey ok mother.

"Momma!" I yelled when I first came in the door. No answer. "She must be sleep" I thought. I took off my shoes and put down my back pack.

I felt a stone hard fist hit agaist my face. It was my step dad, of course, the pain on my right cheek ached. I wanted to cry. But if I did I knew he was going to hit me. I looked up at him.

"S-Sir" I studdered. His black eyes look dead at me. I felt his anger vibing through my chest, my heart sped up. BAM ! He hit me again.

I fell to the ground and screamed in pain. My face felt numb, swollen, and bruised. I felt hot tears run down my swollen face. I looked up and he was gone.

I quickly got up and ran to my room. But it was too late. He grabbed me by my hair and yanked me to him. His hot breath flowing down my neck.

" How's my baby girl doing? I know you missed me baby" he started rubbing on me, he put his hand over my mouth as I started to scream.

"shhhhh, your mother isnt here to help you! Now bend over and be a good gir-" I bit his hand and backed kicked him where the light dont shine. He groaned in pain.

I ran to my room and locked myself in my closet. I sat in the far corner. I sat there for hours.. but he still wasn't gone. I called momma but she didnt pick up. I called my bestfriend Dre.

"Hello?" nequia picked up with an attitude. I sniffed and wiped my eyes. "Oh its Fatty! Look Fatty Dre dont need your sadness he wit his girl right now" I hated when she called me Fatty.

I hated it so much. My anger grew. It was no time for playing games wit me. Not right now!

" Look here ya Dusty ass hoe, I need you to fix ya shit when you talking to me, Im not in a mood for you dumb ass callin me "Fatty" like that shit phase me! Give Dre his damn phone and stop fucking trying me!"

I yelled in the phone forgeting my step dad was probably outside my room door.

"Bitc-" She almost said but I could tell Dre took the phone

"Hey Bsf, wassup" He said, he sounded kind of worried.

"Can you come pick me up, please?" I whispered. I heard nequia sighing in the background.

"Sure, you in the C again"

"Yeah, He did it again"

"Ight I gotchu"

"bye"

"bye"

I hung up. I quicky packed a few things cause I knew I was gonna stay over there for a couple of days.

30 minutes later a loud bang hit my closet door. I heard my momma scream.

Repeated gun shots and more screaming. I stared to cry. Was my mother being shot? I hid behind some clothes.

The last gunshot was made and no more screaming. Is she dead? I closed my eyes.

I heard Dre's voice."Open up the door" I quickly got up and unlocked my closet door.

He grabbed my hand and we ran out the house. All I was a flash of a body as we ran out.

I saw my momma in his Doge. I ran faster than him. I got in the backseat with her and hugged her tight.... But she didnt hug me back. She seemed mad. She just stared at me.

"Momma-" she struck my face with back hand slap, twice, I looked confused. "what did I do-" she slapped me again.

My face ached with pain, once again, Dre never took his eyes off the road, but he shooked his head at the sound of the torture I was being put through

" HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT MY HUSBAND IN SO MANY WAYS" she yelled.

" AND DRE DONT YOU EVER TRY TO SHOOT HIM AGAIN OR ILL SHOOT YOU MY OWN SELF"

I looked into my momma's eyes. Drugs. She's high. The car came to a stop. Dre looked back at her.

"Get out.." He said. She looked at him. "GET OUT" he rasied his voice. I kept staring back and forth at them.

I look out the window and it was my Aunt Tonya house.

She always kept her in check. Momma got out and she flipped us both off. She mummbled bitch under her breath before she slammed the door shut.

~few minutes later~

We arrived at Dre's house. Dre's momma kicked him out awhile back but that was fine with him. He Lived in this big nice house, with a pool in the back and everything.

I waked to the guest bedroom and layed there for a little. I heard nequia arguing with Dre, but only parts.

" I dont like her"

" Why is she here?"

" But shes a fatty"

"Ion care if thats your bestfriend"

" Fuck ha and Ha momma"

" No Dre Stay here"

Thats all I heard. Maybe I did sumn to ha or she jus straight up dont like me.. I got up and walked to the kitchen. I passed nequia.

She was wearing booty shorts and a snug tank top. I rolled my eyes and looked in the fridge for an apple. I felt someone pull my hair.

"Stop" I sighed. They pulled it again. I knew it was nequia.

"What's wrong fatty? Looking for some donuts? We don't have any so roll ya ass out of here!" She laughed.

I was so angry. How could she talk about me when she didn't know me! I turned around and got in her face.

"Look! I got too much problems in my damn life for you to be trying me right now! Now get the fuck outta here, leave me tf alone! For yo information I was getting a apple"

I turned back to the fridge and got my apple and tried to walk out the kitchen but she kept getting in my way. I moved to the right, she moved in front of me.

I moved to the left she got in front of me. "Move damn!" I pushed her out my way and walked to the living room.

She punched me right in my back. I winced in pain. I turned around and jabbed her right in her jaw.

She fell back on Dre. I put my hair in a quick ponytail and balled up my fist. " let's go bitch! I'm tired of yo shit man!" I started to walk around the room.

She swung at me, but I doged that shit. I had all my feeling bunched up in one. From the past and the present. It caused my punches to be harder.

I was figthing like a straight nigga. She fell and I kicked her as hard as I could. She started to cough real bad.

Dre pulled me to the den. He just stared at me. I couldnt make eye contact with him I just sat in the bean bag and looked down.

He walked away to go take care of his gf but I guess he was too late cause I heard her yell "Fuck you" then the front door slammed shut.

I laughed at myself but I stopped when Dre stepped in front of me.

"Your goin home tomorrow" He walked out. I sighed. Its gonna be a long night.