seven ▷ i am an addict

When Delilah came back from her home, and visiting her parents, part of her wished that she had stayed. It was very tense when she got back. And she hadn't even talked to anyone yet, she only saw them. But she heard people talking.

When she actually got to see Matt and Amy, she was curious to see that Jeff was not with them. Usually they all hung out, unless Matt and Amy were going out on a "not date" (it was totally a date). But they were just walking and talking, but both looked stressed.

So did Paul when she saw him go in for a meeting.

And she had been sitting around there all day, and she didn't even see Jeff.

After lunch, Delilah went back to her hotel room to pack her bag for the show that night. Half way through knocking stopped her. Cautiously, since she rarely got visitors, uninvited, she made her way to the door peering out the tiny hole. Jeff was there, hair a mess, in a black shirt and jeans, and was swaying around with his eyes closed.

"Jeff?" she opened the door worried. Delilah had never seen him drugged out, in fact, Delilah had never seen anyone drugged out like this before. High? Sure. Drunk? Yeah. But never like this. A part of her was pissed, instantly making the connection that this was why everyone else was angry.

"Delilah, hey," he slurred. His eyes were red, and he sniffled.

"What do you want?" she frowned.

"To see you."

Sighing, Delilah dragged him in and closed the door, so no one else could see or hear. "To see me?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

Delilah shook her head. "I'm not talking to you until you are sober. Do you hear me Jeffrey Nero Hardy? You are going to sleep okay."

"I haven't slept in 3 days," he muttered as he scratched his arms.

Delilah pinched the bridge of her nose, unsure of what to do. She didn't even know what the hell he was on. "Do you think you could sleep for now? And I will be back for you later?"

"I don't know," he started shaking his leg.

"Drink some water, and then sleep."

"It is not that fucking easy Delilah!" he snapped.

Delilah shook her head, wanting to slap him just for snapping at her like that. At this point she could barely tell if she was worried or pissed. A mix of both, really. She grabbed a water bottle and sat it on the desk next to the bed. Looking at him, she lightly pushed his shoulder down and he grabbed her wrist hard, "I'm scared."

"I know," she nodded. "But you have to sleep, okay?"

Eventually, he laid down, and did end up falling asleep. She watched him for a few before covering him up. Sighing, she grabbed her gym bag and walked out, heading down to his room, and opened it. Without a second thought she began going through everything. Every last thing. Every suitcase, desk, bag, nothing was safe. She was determined to try to find something, anything. And she didn't even know what she was looking for.

But she came out short, and she felt like screaming and kicking the wall. Angrily, she slammed the door, and left the hotel, heading to the arena, she was a few minutes late already.

When she got there, part of her was expecting to get yelled at for being late, but she wasn't. In fact, everyone was too busy with the big issue at hand, Jeff. Hurrying, she went into the locker room, afraid to be questioned. She didn't want to lie to anyone, but she also didn't want people to storm her hotel room. And a huge part of her still wanted to know why Jeff came to her, and why he wanted to see her.