nine ▷ best friends

A/N

I completely changed this scene to anyone who read it before 4/15/17

It had been almost a year since Delilah saw Jeff, and it was just ironic that they were in the same state just cities away. Part of her was contemplating driving over, sometime before any house shows, or Smackdown for that matter. Perhaps she would talk to Matt about it.

But when Delilah thought the next time she would be talking to Matt, would not be so soon. It was 3 in the morning, and her phone began ringing. Delilah was a fairly light sleeper, so she rolled over to answer it, curious to why Matt was calling her so late at night.

"Matt?" she grumbled into the phone.

"Delilah I don't know what to do," he rushed. "A-Amy is cheating on me with Adam."

"Copeland?" Delilah sat up fast. "You're at your house right?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be there in a few."

Without a thought, Delilah left her hotel room, packing her purse with essentials, before leaving to drive to his house, a few blocks away. She was beyond mad. Matt was such a sweetheart, honestly. And Amy was stupid for doing that to him. Sighing, she pulled into the driveway to see Matt and Amy yelling at each other, but she couldn't hear what was being said.

Sighing, she got out, walking to the door. "Matt come on," she pulled on his sleeve to get him to go to the car. He did and she began to follow but Amy cut her off.

"Delilah-"

Delilah turned around to see Amy standing there. "I've got nothing to say right now." And with that she was peeling out of the driveway, grabbing Matt, and yanking him into her car.

The drive was silent, no music, and no talking, something that rarely happened with the two. They almost always had something to talk about. And it stayed that way for over a hour as Delilah drove, going off of the messy address that Matt scribbled on the back of her hand, and her terrible memory of the state. She didn't know whether it was because he was just sad, or if he was mad. It wasn't until he chimed in once to direct her the right way, that they began to finally speak.

"Did you feel this shitty when it happened to you?" Matt was quiet.

"Yeah," she nodded. "It hurt like hell."

"I'm sorry."

"It's over with. What matters is how you are doing."

"I'm holding up."

Delilah hoped that he could hold up just a bit longer.

-----

Despite how fast she tried to speed down the roads, it still took too long to get from Matts house to Jeffs house. Part of that may have been because Delilah went the wrong way and had to turn around.

As she pulled in, she looked around. It was large, the property was really freaking large. She had never been to his house before, and it was actually quite interesting. But, at the moment, the least of her worries was the land.

She walked up to knock on the door, but Matt only seemed to pull a key out of nowhere, and opened the door, leaving her to just follow. It was at the same moment that they both got inside, that Jeff walked out, shirtless, his hair way longer than last time, but still up in a bun, and looking both very tired, and very confused. But right away he knew that they both should definitely be sleeping at a hotel, or on the road. It was unlikely that they were just showing up for a visit at 4 am, although he wouldn't put it past them.