twenty six ▷ talk of the locker room

Not many people were surprised once they saw Delilah and Jeff attached to the hip yet again even after a month of nothingness. But this time around there was something different. There was a giant shift between the two, and it was obvious, despite how oblivious they seemed to it. Which if anyone knew them, knew that it wasn't an act, they really were that oblivious to it all.

And when anything like that happens, it easily became the talk of the locker room. People betting on whether they were just friends, or if there was something more, or if they were perhaps just friends with benefits. Bets on when they would actually get together, or if they never would at all. People calling if they would break up, how, and why. Everyone could agree on one thing in that aspect, it would be big because of Delilah. Yet people couldn't say the same for Jeff, he was a pretty quiet guy. That didn't stop peoples opinion on him forming, trusting what others say, or judging because of his known issues with drugs.

Yet Jeff and Delilah stayed oblivious to it all, not knowing that it was happening, or maybe they didn't even care. But many reckoned the first one. If they were a couple, then why weren't they actually kissing in public? All the other couples did.

Jeff had always been a quiet fellow, not really talking to people unless spoken to first, or his immediate friends, mostly his brother. Matt had always been the more outgoing of the two Hardys. Not to mention, he never really gave much attention to any of the females either. Sure, in the ring or for promos like when Vince tried to push him and Trish together and whatnot, but nothing ever backstage. He wasn't seen terribly hitting on them like many of the other guys. He seemed so down to earth, which seemed surprising for him to be so close to Delilah.

Sure, Delilah was another quiet one most of the time, not really talking to many other people. She was friendly when spoken to though, but tat girl had a temper. And after Randy, most guys didn't want to go for her anymore, despite how hot she may be. So maybe it was a surprise that the two became friends, but it really wasn't either, two outcasts coming together? That's an old story.

And sure, the two never actually kissed or anything, but they were always together, laughing, hugging, and some guys will swear up and down that they saw them holding hands once or twice. And others could swear that the two shared a hotel room, or at least shared many late nights together, because they have seen one of the two exiting or entering the others room. Not to mention they were always wearing each others clothes. Countless wrestling tee's, each others tee's, and thousands of bang sweaters and shirts. It began to get to the point nobody knew who owned that Rage Against the Machine, Evil Empire sweatshirt.

The day of one of the house shows, Delilah trotted down to Jeffs room. She was trying to find her Nirvana sweatshirt that she knew she had packed, leaving one option, Jeff as it. Or Matt, but for that matter she highly doubted that considering it had been about a week since she had seen him, and she had the sweatshirt just three days ago.

Not bothering to knock, Delilah busted into the room in all of her amazing glory to rummage his room for the sweatshirt. She was not afraid to go through his stuff, or leave a mess, although she would clean it up, because she had done it on several occasions. Besides, he was in the shower, and Delilah payed no mind to that as she dug around for her sweatshirt. Maybe if she found it she could go and he didn't even need to know. But there was one thing for sure, she was going to leave with it, one way or another. But it didn't help practically every damn thing he owned was black.

Scratch that, as she dug through the one case she surprisingly found barely any black shirts, but instead dark blue, purple, and gray, but that wasn't the point. In fact, in that pile she found her red My Chemical Romance shirt. Delilah frowned, since when has he had that? She hasn't seen that in several months, actually, she thought it was at her house.